• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Any spare vibes going? My boy could use a few right now :(

Oompa-Loompa

Warren Veteran
This heat seems to really be affecting him :( and this is despite living in the basement which is the coolest part of the house. I don't know how it's possible but yeah. His breathing is bad :( I'm giving him double doses of echinacea but it's really not enough, his nasal passages are so swollen :( My vet is sending me a prescription for some Metacam but I have no idea when that'll get here. The weather is supposed to be getting better (can hardly believe I'm saying this as I myself love hot weather) in the weekend. He's eating and being cheeky but I can just tell that he isn't feeling all that well. He's rather subdued. Just not quite himself.

Is there anything else I could try to help him? Maybe something to keep him cool? I was thinking of getting a fan or something but then I remembered someone sayiing that you shouldn't use that with rabbits??? Suggestions and vibes for my snuffly little boy would be much appreciated :( I wish I could just make him well :( If only the Metacam prescription could hurry up and get here tomorrow!

The weather is affecting our bunnies too, it is the humidity that seems to be doing it :(

Sending vibes for your boy x

You can get fans specially designed for rabbits. No doubt some people won't approve of them, but I was recommended it by well-respected rabbit owners. I don't use it much, because it is very sore on batteries, and Spenser doesn't really like it. He prefers me to fan him with a Chinese-style paper fan my mother unearthed from the back of a cupboard.

Sending vibes for your boy. xx

Thanks for the vibes, he seems a little brighter now that it's late. Any idea where one might find a fan for rabbits? :wave:

Thanks for the vibes, he seems a little brighter now that it's late. Any idea where one might find a fan for rabbits? :wave:

Mine came from Ebay. I'll see if I can find a link for you. :wave:

I can't find a link just now, but it is called 'Lazy Bones Keep Cool Fan.' They come in different sizes, so you would need to make sure you get the one for rabbits.

Last edited:
Towards the end of this thread you will find a link to the rabbit fan.

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/s...rd-Spenser-please/page3&highlight=cool+beebee

This is Spenser being fanned in a more old-fashioned type and labour-intensive way:

P5240567-1.jpg

I fill empty plastic bottles without labels with water and freeze them, changing them out as they melt, and wrap them in a light towel to place near my bunnies. Sometimes they like to lick the condensation off them for extra water.
As long as a fan isn't blowing directly on the bunny it can be helpful. I used to also soak towels in cool water and wring them out a bit and hang them on the sides of their enclosures with the fan blowing on those. Sends cool air through without blowing right on the rabbit.
Of course your bunnies have to not be chewers for that method. :)
Vibes for your bunny. I hope it is getting cooler for you.

Back