• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is Daisy Pregnant?!?!

Lucy025

New Kit
Hi Everyone,

Daisy escaped out of her run about 3-4 weeks ago now, and I found her over by Rio's run. I didnt think much of it but then read a post that was saying about how bunnies can mate threw the mesh.

Over the last couple of weeks Daisy's tummy has got more plump and round and she hasnt wanted to be picked up much at all. Then today I noticed that she had put all her bedding into her little house/box she has in her hutch and was just laying there. She didnt want to be picked up even though she knew she was going to be put in her run.

Do you think she could be pregnant? or is there something else wrong with her? She is only 4 months old so hasnt been nuetured yet and is stilll only a baby herself.

Please let me know what you think? Any advice would be great!

I assume Rio is an entire Buck ?

If so then mating through mesh is a bit of a 'tall story' including the thread you may have read about it on here.....

It is not impossible for such a young Doe to become pregnant, but it is less likely than if she were a few weeks older. Also, she would need to have had direct contact with the Buck.

So in summary it may be possible for her to be pregnant if she managed to get into Rio's run or if he got out to her, or if someone deliberately put them together. If none of those options occurred then I would be extremely surprised if she were pregnant. She has probably just hit puberty, hence her change in behaviour.

Oh good Im hoping that she is not pregnant as she is too young and I dont really want babies either! what age do they hit puberty? and what changes would I be noticing?

Her nipples have appeared im guessing that is something, but it also made me think she was pregnant

Does can become very territorial when they hit puberty, they may also start to have pseudopregnancies which can include fur plucking and nest building. Some may even lactate and go off their food.

If you remain concerned about her then I would get your Vet to check her over. It would be an opportunity to discuss getting both her and Rio neutered.

Back