• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What bedding to use for snuffle bun?

Lea-Anne

Warren Veteran
We have just swapped vet bed for lino and it seems to of helped reduce V's sneezes :thumb: bonus as it was a pain to clean anyway and he always rooked it up :roll:

Getting him dust free hay but wondered about maybe switching the megazorb for something else also ? But what ? Any tips anyone ??

I don't use hay anywhere bar the litter tray. I change it regularly so it stays fresh.

In the hutch I used lino in the main area and carpet in the enclosed area. Inside they just have carpet but they also have a dog crate with nothing on the floor, just a mat at the door. Grim often lies in there where it stays cold too. And I've noticed when he's really bad he doesn't use the litter tray and just does his business on the carpet. :roll:

I'd just stick with lino if you can, it seems to be the best for Grim anyway. The litter tray I just use hay and newspaper, no other bedding. Outside in the winter they have fleeces as extra bedding.

I use mainly newspaper and hay. I find megazorb a bit dusty actually. A lot of folk use carefresh but for a snuffle bun paper is the best.

Not sure about newspaper.

Carefresh might be a good suggestion. Used to use that for my rats.

MIL uses puppy pads but my bunnies are chewers ..

Back