• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My vet is fab!

Geoff's people

Alpha Buck
Don't know why I'm telling you all really as I don't think my vet is near anyone else here but I'm so pleased.

Took all 5 buns to the vets today to have the new combined vaccine, which they ordered in especially for me.
Cameo had her last post spay check and has been given a clean bill of health:thumb:
All had thorough teeth checks, all ok a couple of tiny points on those who hadn't had hay before they came here but seems to be sorting themselves out:thumb:
All in tip top condition, and I was told how much easier it is to examine my rabbits because of their friendly nature. He said you can tell when a bun has known nothing but a hutch by it's nature. Mine practically ran over to him:lol:
Everybun had their vaccine, and at my request he gave Dollie Boobies some metaclop injection as I know her guts slow almost to a stop with a car ride, with in 10 mins of getting home she was stuffing her face again! This is a bun who needs syringe feeding if you have to put her in a carrier to mover her from run to another:roll: bless her, I am so asking for this every time she needs to see the vet.
Then he knocked over 30 quid off my bill for taking in more than one bun! No consult fee that I can work out, just the price of the vaccine plus one dose of metaclop.

So a thorough MOT for all of them, vaccines and a metaclop jab a lovely long chat for just over 150 pounds:thumb::thumb:

Aww that's lovely. It's really nice when vets notice these things.

My V had to go in for his tear ducts flushed the other week and when I called to see how him and Meg were the nurse was gushing over how lovely and tame they both are and that he just sat there whereas most leap five foot in the air :shock::lol: when I next saw my vet she said ' the rest of the staff were surprised how sweet natured your rabbits are.' I felt like a proud mum :love::lol:

When twinkle had a lump removed recently I went to collect her to find her behind the reception desk, in her box snuggled to the radiator with the receptionist and a nurse cooing over her. The receptionist has also nipped out and got dandilions and grass for her on her break. They had decided she needed constant supervision and the obvious place was behind reception. Twinkl loved all the attention

Back