• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Grrrr!

Aly&Poppy<3

Wise Old Thumper
My bf has told his mom countless times to leave Leo's room alone. She keeps blaming him for digging the carpet up, when he isn't, it's the run catching on the threads and pulling a few out, so she has covered the whole thing with blankets.. and he's dug it all up.. which means every day (at least twice) I will be putting it back :roll:

The only thing he ruined in there carpet wise is the fact he is moulting really bad and the green carpet is white :shock: but I get it up every day.. I was thinking about maybe just having one run to block the door but he might chew the skirting boards.. He's getting bored.. My bf wants to build a shed/run for him outside but I'm scared of the foxes... they're determined around here and the fact that the chickens are still let out is stupid.

But it means we can find him a friend.. although.. he needs a light on at night (a proper light, tried night lights but they don't work for him) because he is deaf so he freaks out when he sees his shadow. I try and turn it on late as possible and turn it off at about 5am so he has some darkness but we close the blinds for him usually.

Going to look at the indoor housing for him later to see if we can do anything for him in the short term.

To be honest, a friend sounds like the best bet as it stands a very good chance of solving the boredom.

Can you describe exactly what Leo's set up is, or maybe even post a picture? Would give folks a better idea of what he has and you could get some suggestions on how to tweak it in the meantime. Having had some mental house buns I can appreciate your worries about the skirting boards!

To be honest, a friend sounds like the best bet as it stands a very good chance of solving the boredom.

Can you describe exactly what Leo's set up is, or maybe even post a picture? Would give folks a better idea of what he has and you could get some suggestions on how to tweak it in the meantime. Having had some mental house buns I can appreciate your worries about the skirting boards!

It's even more frustrating because we could have found a bun for Poppy but ended up having Leo and spending hundreds on him in a few months because the previous owners couldn't.. It's not like they have a £100,000 income a year from each of them :evil: :roll: and I'm earning £90 a week for part time work and didn't find it difficult :roll:

We are going to end up with 6 rabbits :( but nowhere to put another 2 rabbits to bond with Leo and Poppy.. It's a nightmare.

These are old'ish pictures of his room, it's basically the same but he doesn't have the cube and now he has a dog bed and the floor is covered in 2 pink sheets :? I try and change toys but they don't have that many because they don't play with them. He loves the slinky though, and his dog bed. We spend as much time as we can with him because all he wants is fuss but it never seems enough :( It really gets me down :(

IMAG0486.jpg

IMAG0617.jpg

IMAG0618.jpg

IMAG0616.jpg

His dog bed, but before the mass sheet invasion.

IMAG0850.jpg

He's so strong now, he can periscope, loves stretching his legs and gets up to such a speed. We locked Poppy in her crate and let him run around the bedroom for a bit but he started chewing Poppy's cube which she wasn't impressed about :lol: All Poppy wants is rabbit attention because she has always loved being around them, and all Leo wants is human attention and from being neglected for so long it was the last thing I expected.

IMAG0854.jpg

I was going to do a zooplus order but I ended up with 1 thing for the rabbits and 7 for the hamster :? so I just left it. I don't know what I could buy really :? I have a big teddy at home that I'm going to give him because Poppy loves grooming her Ted :lol: I try and make him things but they don't last too long :lol: although he loves them while they do :) I have given his a short box and wrapped the blue blanket around which he liked to jump on but he's not great at jumping at all at the moment :(

Last edited:
Back