• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Buckley's been admitted with GI stasis UD: He's home :)

Pebblesetc

Mama Doe
This morning he was lethargic, he was refusing all of his favourite foods, and he was holding himself oddly, he just seemed uncomfortable so I took him to the vet who confirmed my suspicions of stasis. She said his upper abdomen felt like a balloon, his lower abdomen felt squishy, and that he had lots of normal feeling poos in his rectum. His temperature was low as well, but he was his usual weight.

He's been admitted, so far he's been given metacam, ranitidine, and fluids. We went back to take him his favourite foods (timothy hay, his pellets and treats, his favourite herbs and fruits) and toys (his blanket and elephant), and his own bowls so he felt at home. He already seemed brighter. We stayed for about an hour and he was out and moving around all the time, he even found a little hidey spot under their sink in which he deposited a few of poops (normal ones, the ones the vet mentioned were in his rectum) and he was apparently receptive to the syringe of recovery food he'd been offered. He had a bottle and a bowl of water, and a bowl of recovery food. He seemed brighter, he even buzzed at me once before demanding nose rubs!

Fingers crossed he'll continue to improve overnight.

Oh, and he's charmed the vet nurses already!

Hope he gets to come home tomorrow, normally if we catch Honeys frequent bouts of stasis quickly she responds well to meds.:)

Thanks guys.

It's weird him not being here :( I know he's in the best place because they can give him 24 hour veterinary care etc.

Back