• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

rabbit insurance

Stumpy

Alpha Buck
I received a letter yesterday from pet plan saying that Ben came with 4 weeks free pet plan and to phone them which I did.

To carry it on for Ben and whisky each year will cost 20 pound a month. Is this good value or not?? I have never had insurance before

I pay £20/mo for both Ginger & Biscuit - £10/each.

so £20 each seems a little expensive, although it is very depedant on where you live etc.

I pay £7.50 a month with mine and im with pets at home insurance and thats the top cover.. I know that covers only last for a year so if after a year they don't always honour the treatment as the rabbit was "ill" before the new cover started

But the one im on is different, its a lifetime insurance so if he gets ill now and still has the same illness in 3 years they cover for it.

Ok ill have another look 2night. I don’t want to sound thick but is insurance good to have and what kind off things for rabbits does it cover??

I'm with PetPlan and pay about £24 for two bunnies.
Do a bit of research - but I'd definitely recommend insuring them; bills can run into £100s very easily.

I received a letter yesterday from pet plan saying that Ben came with 4 weeks free pet plan and to phone them which I did.

To carry it on for Ben and whisky each year will cost 20 pound a month. Is this good value or not?? I have never had insurance before

£10 / month for each rabbit is the normal price. In my opinion insurance is essential unless you have thousands of pounds spare.

Make sure you get a "for life" policy which means you can keep your insurance every year for the same conditions. Annual policies would add exclusions after you claim once for any condition.

Pets at Home to a For Life policy but in my opinion PetPlan do the best insurance with the best coverage. If you can afford PetPlan go for it.

I have just phoned up pet plan and insured my 2. It will cost me £21. 26 a month but that is for both off them £10.63 each :D

Sorted!

Brilliant :D Insurance is so worth it! We've made one claim which was several hundred pounds and they covered everything (we got a cheque for £400 from them), and will continue to cover that condition for the rest of his life. That claim alone means that the insurance has paid for itself already.
My rabbit has just had stasis and has been hospitalized since wednesday. That's £75 a day before you even think about medication and the initial consultation fee. So that's £300 + 4 days worth of pain relief and two kinds of gut stimulant, and syringe feeding which are all expensive. The only thing we'll have to pay (hopefully) is a £60 excess and possibly the £150 for one treatment which I don't think the insurance company cover.

So, we're in our second year of insurance and it costs us £100 a year to insure Buckley but we've had over £600 worth of treatment covered by the insurance :)

Insurance covers illness and injury. You can have up to £2000 of vet bills covered per year with pet plan and conditions are covered for the entire lifetime of the rabbit if you stay with the same insurer. The only thing they don't cover for us is snuffles because Buckley had that before we got the insurance.

I'm with petplan and I only pay £16 for the two of them a month. That's £8 each a month. I think that £20 each is a lot of money. I was only quoted £18 for my dog when I was looking before she died.

I only have two of mine insured - George and Gemma - but I think I pay £19.95 for each of them. I need to check as that does seem a lot compared to what the rest of you are paying.

Back