• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Moulting? --- Looks like a massacre!

Cornishlass

Mama Doe
There's enough fur on the lawn to make another bunny! LOL Why does he moult so much? He's a Rex cross but you'd think he was angora by all the fur that has come out!

Looks like he's got a number 2 where the fur has come from which makes him look like he wearing a skirt! Could be the awful weather I guess.

He's an outdoor rabbit - in a playhouse surrounded by aviary and has free access to garden during day.

some buns just moult a lot, I wouldn't worry. I'm sure this is a normal time to be moulting as well since it's supposed to be getting warmer.
one of mine moults constantly, all year round, and you can tease out huge chunks of fur. :shock:

My girl looks like she has a big chunk out of her side at the moment through moulting! Makes her look ill!

Peter is driving me mad, it is constant from June until August. I swear he halves in size, I don't know how he doesn't go bald. The fur is so fine it just floats in the air, I can Hoover the whole house and an hour later I can find 'dust bunnies' again-argh!!

My poor Fiver (minirex) looks like someone side swiped him with a weed whacker while he slept on the lawn. :( There's chunks and tufts missing out of him all over.
I'd get a picture but would hate to mortify him. The nail trim and groom was bad enough. :cry:
Sadly even a vet trip can stress him enough to cause most of his fur to fall out.

My 2 Rex bunnies are moulting like the clappers as well. Tufts of fur sit just proud and one has to pluck; it's irresitable! My daughter sits and teases out whole lumps of fur - it's quite incredible that they don't end up bald :shock:

Twinkle my REW looks like 2 rabbits stuck together at the waist, or as my mum calls her, a cut and shut car.

Front end is all sleek and slim, from her waist to her tail shes tufty, fluffy and generally looks unloved.

Ozzie on the other hand is just generally loosing fur all over so looks fine.

Every day Twinkles line moves further down her body:lol:

Back