• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Very worried about Roxy again/ video p21??

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
Not sure whats wrong this time, it certainly isn;t the same symptoms as last time. She is eating well and doing huge poos as normal, but isn't hay grazing at all. She is sitting in "wrong" places and her eyes look dull :(

I don't know if it is coincidence that her course of baytril stopped at the weekend, although like I say she isn't displaying any of the same symptoms this time :?

Last edited:
You know her best Liz and have obviously picked up that she's not quite herself. Sending loads of (((vibes))) for Roxy.

You know her best Liz and have obviously picked up that she's not quite herself. Sending loads of (((vibes))) for Roxy.

Thank you both :wave:

she has actually been eating hay again this afternoon and looked fine while doing so, but then i will go out and she will be laying with her face on the water bowl which is very wrong, its so confusing :?

I've been out all day, so just seen this. :( Sending special vibes for beautiful Roxy. Good that she's had some hay during the afternoon, but the other symptoms you describe sound very odd. :?

I've been out all day, so just seen this. :( Sending special vibes for beautiful Roxy. Good that she's had some hay during the afternoon, but the other symptoms you describe sound very odd. :?

The only time I have seen a bunny sit like that at a water bowl they were in acute kidney failure, but they weren't eating or acting normally at all, so it is very odd :?

Poor Roxy :( There was always a niggling feeling about her whilst she was with us, but we could never put our finger on it. I do hope she improves. Sending lots of vibes xx

Poor Roxy :( There was always a niggling feeling about her whilst she was with us, but we could never put our finger on it. I do hope she improves. Sending lots of vibes xx

Thanks Becky, I have had a niggle about her the whole time she has been here and taken her to the vets many times but even with x-rays they have never found anything specific wrong apart from her obvious problems :?

Keeping up vibes for Roxy. Many of my friends (and Brownies) have admired her photos. :love: xxx

She is a pretty girl :love: When i shut her in tonight she seemed fine and I felt like I was imagining the whole thing :roll: But something isn't right so i guess I wait and see if the vet agrees in the morning :?

Thanks Susan, just back from vets. Lara feels its neurological and she may have a terrible head ache from the humidity so we need to increase her metacam to 0.6ml x 2 daily again and cross our fingers :?

That sounds more like the Roxy we know. :D As a matter of general curiosity, is there a reason why rex buns seem to be particularly fond of their food?

I have no idea, but in my experience rex bunnies live for food :lol:

Its so weird one minute she is running around and eating as normal the next she looks at deaths door with her head on her water bowl. I have been outside with her all morning and this is what she has been doing constantly :? You think if it was bad heads she wouldn't feel so well in the better periods.

Roxy just collapsed into her water bowl about 30 mins ago despite happily eating hay seconds earlier. I have filmed a bit of it to see if anyone has seen anything similar :? Uploading now, it may take awhile

Back