• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Parsley Interview . . . Peasgood Nonsuch (Number 4 in the 'Parsley Interviews series)

parsnipbun

Wise Old Thumper
Despite only having had his last trip to the Animal Health Trust two days ago our intrepid explorer was out and about again this morning . . . and heading off towards the wildies pen . . (which has 3 wildies and pansy)

Parsley: [Peering in at the pen] Good morning all!

All in chorus: Good Morning Parsley [with a faint accompanying sound of chhkchbbingggzzx]

Parsley: errrrr . . I am sorry to have to mention this but, apart from the Glorious Pansy (tugs forlock at steely blue eyed matronly figure] you all seem to look exactly the same to me . . . now which one is Peasgood Nonsuch?

All in chorus: That one of course . . . the one with the uppey brown ears and slim face . . . [with a faint accompanying sound of chhkchbbingggzzx]

Parsley: mmm . . yes of course . . how could I be so silly . . . [gets out notepad from behind ear]

Now then Peasgood Nonsuch . . I have been asked to interview you for the readers of RU and my blog . . The first question is of course 'How on Earth did you come to be found in a pub?'

Peasgood Nonsuch: Chhkchbbingggzzx zzbbbchkkgg bbb chxcggghhbdg xxx bbrrnggchgg!!!!

Parsley: Ermmm . . .we may have a slight problem here . . . can you just hang on whilst I call in that pesky Pippin ?

Parsley: I say Pippin? Could you possibly be a helpful wildie and translate for me? It appears that Peasgood Nonsuch has yet to learn non-wildie language!

Pippin: Well - it depends - do I get to have time out and dig up the lawn and run madly round and nip everyone . . .

Parsley: Well - Ok - but dont tell papa I said so . . .

Pippin: So what do you want to know?

Parsley: Well our readers would like to know how Peasgood Nonsuch came to be found in a pub, and how he got his name and also what happened when he got lost under the fence the other day . . . and . . .

Pippin: You only get three questions I am afraid - wildie to non wildie translation takes me ages - its all those ggcchhkk's . . they are really hard on the throat if you were not born to it . . and I was hand reared so wildie is only my second language now - and Harebell is too shy to help though her non wildie is very good nowadays.

Parsley: [resignedly . . wishing he had chosen an easier subject] . . ok

[PERIOD OF FRANTIC 'CONVERSATION' BETWEEN PIPPIN AND PEASGOOD NONSUCH . . WITH MUCH WHISKER AND EAR WAGGLING AND SOME TAIL BOBBING AND SCRABBLING]

Parsley: Are you ready yet?

Peasgood Nonsuch: xxxxchkkrghhhhbb!!!!

Pippin: First of all then the story of how Peasgood Nonsuch got to the pub and then ended up here: He says . . . (roughly translated) . . grass grass then not grass then hard then strange place then people then scared then sounds then strange hop smell then picked up tall two legged things then four walls then other bun then boxed then fight then scared then hiding then sounds and scary outside again then here then hay then more hay then good people then Pippin then girlie then strange loss of furry things under tail then here again then good . . but beware bun with blue eyes and white bits!!!

All clear????

Parsley: . . Well mmmmm. . . . I guess it will have to do . . How about how he got his name?

Pippin (confers again with what seems mirror twin . . ): Peasgood Nonsuch says . . . grass and more grass and buns like him and wildie name then lost then hard things then forgot wildie name then here then whispers to Mama then name of old and ancient and venerable past of apple trees and orchards and old apple names of mama knowings of old things from wildie pasts . . .

Got It????

Parsley . . . [mutters under breath - why is this ALWAYS so difficult???] and now for the last question - why did he get lost last week and is he happy now?

Pippin: (confers again with what seems identical bunny . . ): Peasgood Nonsuch says: grass and more grass but more grass under fence thing and tunnel and dark and quiet and then more grass but lost and hole so small and no hole and panic and lost and sit very still and wait but lost hole and panic and then humans and noise and panic and then more humans and quiet and Papa's hands and then suddenly hole there again and bigger and rush through and rush and round and here and home again and back and home and . . beware bunny with blue eyes and white bits!!!

Parsley; Would I be guessing here that he finds your girlfriend Pansy a tad on the intimidating side?

Pippin: mmmmm . . . yes . . but dont tell Pansy . . .

Parsley: [rather relieved] Well I guess that wraps it up from the Wildies pen for now . . . bye all . .

All in Chorus: bye Parsley:wave::wave: [with a faint accompanying sound of chhkchbbingggzzx]

and here is a photo of Peasgood Nonsuch

54aba4a4.jpg

Please just say hello if you enjoyed this - otherwise Parsley gets disheartened! Its a hard job being a roving reporter and he still has 32 buns to go!

Awww!! Well done clever Parsley, a lovely interview again (although I appeared to have missed the third one so will have to go a-looking for it) :D

Parsley - can I thank you for putting a smile on my face whilst I am stressing and tearing my hair out over databases ... I look forward to interview number 5 :)

Awww!! Well done clever Parsley, a lovely interview again (although I appeared to have missed the third one so will have to go a-looking for it) :D

Parsley thinks no. 3 was errmmm . . errmmmm . . . oh dear he's lost count . .

Mama says . .

no. 1 was Albus Dumbledore and Cornelius Fudge
no. 2 was Princess Peaches
no. 3 was Minstrel

:lol::lol::lol: Brilliant, absolutely brilliant.

So if I was to interpret. Peasgood Nonsuch, is a wildie who was found in a pub. He has a language barrier.:shock: He lives with 2 other wildies and Pansy. Pansy is Pippins girlfriend.

Who is the bunny with blue eyes and white bits ?

:lol::lol::lol: Brilliant, absolutely brilliant.

So if I was to interpret. Peasgood Nonsuch, is a wildie who was found in a pub. He has a language barrier.:shock: He lives with 2 other wildies and Pansy. Pansy is Pippins girlfriend.

Who is the bunny with blue eyes and white bits ?

Pansy . . here with Pippin and then in a former bond with Blackthorn - she has terrifyingly steely blue eyes and a 'no nonsense' attitide to other buns!:shock:

376dbc30.jpg

05af0f66.jpg

Harebell, Peasgood Nonsuch and Pippin are all wildies. But Peasgood Nonush came into human care a lot later in life (c9 months old) and so is still very very wild.

Pansy . . here with Pippin and then in a former bond with Blackthorn - she has terrifyingly steely blue eyes and a 'no nonsense' attitide to other buns!:shock:

376dbc30.jpg

05af0f66.jpg

Harebell, Peasgood Nonsuch and Pippin are all wildies. But Peasgood Nonush came into human care a lot later in life (c9 months old) and so is still very very wild.

They are gorgeous. :love::love::love:

Wow, so I am guessing he doesn't like handling.

So hand reared wildies and non wildies bond as well as Peasgood Nonsuch. Stupid question, as I know yours already are, as well as Peasgood Nonsuch.

Pippin (male Wildie hand reared from 9 days) has a bond with Pansy (female domestic bun)

and also lives in run friendly enough with Peasgood Nonsuch (male wildie came into human care at about 9 months) and Harebell (female wildie came into human care at about 4 weeks).

Peasgood and Harebell are sort of bonded but not as loved up as some domestic buns get.

They all seem to get on - though Pansy is a bit fiercesome and I think only pippin is really really bonded with her.

Congratulations on surviving such a challengin interview, Parsley. :shock::thumb:

There do seem to be some very complicated bunny domestic dynamics going on there!

Loved it. :thumb: Well done, Parsley.

Could you pop back soon and interview Pansy? I'd be interested in her take on things. ;)

Pippin (male Wildie hand reared from 9 days) has a bond with Pansy (female domestic bun)

and also lives in run friendly enough with Peasgood Nonsuch (male wildie came into human care at about 9 months) and Harebell (female wildie came into human care at about 4 weeks).

Peasgood and Harebell are sort of bonded but not as loved up as some domestic buns get.

They all seem to get on - though Pansy is a bit fiercesome and I think only pippin is really really bonded with her.

Oooh so Pansy is the boss. :shock:

Awaiting more interviews from Parsley.

Oooh so Pansy is the boss. :shock:

Awaiting more interviews from Parsley.

Shortly after his interview with Parsley, Peasgood Nonsuch decided to demonstrate his wildness by disappearing! A thorough search revealed him grazing next doors lawn:shock::shock: However he just shot back home again through the hole he had made when he saw us all looking at him.

he actually is impossible to restrain except when he is in the fully roofed aviary run (with concrete base). As soon as we let him out on the lawn like we do the other buns he will climb a 6 ft fence with no problems - or get through a 1inch gap . .

Loved it. :thumb: Well done, Parsley.

Could you pop back soon and interview Pansy? I'd be interested in her take on things. ;)

Parsley says that he does not yet feel confident enough in his interviewing skills to tackle the diva that is Pansy!!!

He was hoping maybe for somebun easy next . . . . maybe Nutmeg or that softie Charlie . .

Back