• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I am a staffie with a label

honeybunny

Wise Old Thumper
I am a staffie with a label. It's a label my new owners have given me..it is "gorgeous" :D

kizzyd.jpg

I was unwanted and taken to a pound where my time was up. Luckily a rescue saved me and found me a home where I am loved and spoilt.
but for that lucky twist of fate my story could be very different.
Many of my kind are taken and taught to fight and tear each other. They are often beaten and starved to make them more desperate. They are rewarded for aggressive behaviour. They learn that every living thing is an enemy and fear walks with them.
When they are too badly injured or refuse to fight they too, like me, are dumped and end up in a pound. Sadly there are many of my kind in pounds and these poor abused dogs do what they have been taught to do, show aggression. A one way trip to the vet is their final reward for their mis-treatment.
And all of my breed get labelled vicious.

Yet I have heard humans pay money to see us tear each other apart, they pay money to see other dogs rip up badgers and foxes, they pay money to see men torture bulls to death, they pay money to pull fish out of water until they struggle and gasp in pain then put them back so others can do this time and time again, they pay money to wear the fur of rare animals who have often been skinned while still alive, they pay money to see some of their own kind hit and punch each other in huge arenas, some pay money to secretly torture human young.
But we are the ones labelled nasty :cry:

:cry:

I :love: Kizzy

And am of the opinion, that while dogs taught to fight are "bad dogs" they are infact "good dogs" as they are only following the commands of their "master" :( its not their fault.

:(:cry: So so sad that people can treat animals so badly. It's heart breaking!! I despise those people :evil::censored: But I commend people like you who save them! :love::love::love:

She's lovely. I love staffies. If I was to get a dog it'd more than likely be a staffy. I love their body shape, so chunky and muscular!

She's lovely. I love staffies. If I was to get a dog it'd more than likely be a staffy. I love their body shape, so chunky and muscular!

All the more power to hug you with!!

The bloke at the staffie stand of 'discover dogs' at the pet show was giving out 'I've been snuggled by a staffie' stickers to anyone who got a big old lick!!! :lol:

I am glad she has a lovely safe home now. Staffies are indeed lovely loyal dogs. I thnk it was the 1950's when they were promoted/sold as the 'family dog' a bit like labs today. As many people know... it's not the dogs it's the owners.

beautiful. :love:

i lost my brindle staffy 3 years ago aged 15. he was the most loving, funny, quirky and friendly dog you could meet.
jazz the dog i have now plays with several on the park daily and it is how they are brought up but staffies are such loving dogs they deserve so much better as a breed.

Back