• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Those with large amounts of vetbed

Georgeypudding

Wise Old Thumper
Where did you get them from? :wave: I have it in my head that I want the rabbits new shed to have vetbed on the floor, so I'd need 6x4ft or 4x3ft (2lengths) or 2x6ft (2lengths) :thumb:

Been looking on ebay but not really sure who is good to buy from :wave:

Not hijacking your thread Georgey but have you used vetbed before? Someone recommended it to me but I was unsure about replacing his current bedding with it as wasn't sure about it? Do you buy extra and just chuck them in the washing machine?

I've used vet bed with the cats before, they didnt really care about it, but they dont care about most bedding :lol:

thats the page I've been looking at :thumb: I like the striped one too :D is it good quality? Does it last well?

I have had the bits that I am using just now for over two years. My Inca is not really a biter but she does nibble it at times. Herbie can;t bite it with no incisors but he does like to try to burrow into it!!

I wash mine once a week, I rotate the pieces I have.

Best to cut up the pieces for the shed floor, that way if a piece gets dirty you only have to wash that bit.

I have found the vetbed with the antislip backing much better quality than the one with the green coloured back.

the only thing with cutting it up, its the risk of them pulling it up I guess :lol: what sort of size would it need to be to fit into the machine? Mine are veeery well litter trained for wees so I dont think it'd need washing often, just brushing off and shaking out :wave:

When it's new it's much harder to get into the washing machine because it's stiff. However I can just about squeeze a new piece around 3ft by 5ft into my machine (but you get a free workout doing it!!). I buy all my vetbed from Ebay - don't worry about it being 'genuine' Petlife or whatever it's called. I've had both genuine and vetbed 'type' bedding and it's all the same stuff. The rubber non-slip backing does break down with a few years of washing though so don't expect it to remain non-slip for ever.

ETA - I think I paid around £60 for a piece 5m x 1.5m of the regular green back vetbed.

I don't think i would want to put a piece 6x4 regularly in a washing machine :? The weight of it when really wet would be enough to break the bearings ( trust me i know :lol:)

I don't think i would want to put a piece 6x4 regularly in a washing machine :? The weight of it when really wet would be enough to break the bearings ( trust me i know :lol:)

Me neither. Plus I don't think it will wash so well to not be able to move freely in there.

hmmmm after reading this thread I may have to re think getting a bunny room sized bit of vet bed to shove in our already rough sounding washing machine every other day :?:lol::lol:

This is the company we get all our vet bed off as he has a stall at Thirsk market and we go down and buy loads of it. It's brilliant and washes well and dry's quickly to.

Back