• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Progress of the unnamed bunnies

TickTock

Alpha Buck
This may not sound like much so a fast bit of back story first;

---------------------------------------------
2 years ago my sister sent me a text that her boyfriend's uncle was giving away his rabbits and offering them to me. I was interested but because my nan said 'no more', I turned them down, wishing that I could keep them. THEN later on my sister rings me up in a panic saying that the uncle wanted them gone or he will kill them and feed them to his ferrets. (which...he would of)

So the next day we rushed off to collect them. Two lion head rabbits; a father and daughter, terrified shoved into my carry case and we fled as soon as possible. Both were never named, nor handled, never let out, no human contact what so ever. Told nan, she freaked out and then I brought the male in he shoved himself so far into the corner she let me keep them both.

Trying to handle them was terrible. They'd kick freak out. The female would scream when I handled her. Getting near them was impossible. Named them Tiggi (the female due to her stripes) and Ping (just...because :lol: )

One day I let the 2 out and saw them jump through the window to get into their cage. Perfect! I could let them out and not touch them to put them back. All I would have to do is shoo them to the window and shut the door.
--------------------------------------------

Today after shooing them in from the garden Tiggi and Ping just sat snuggled up. It was feeding time so I put my hand in to get the food dish out and they weren't bothered at all! I sat the dish down and started to stoke them...They just lay there enjoying it. Then, feeling brave I picked up Ping.... He didn't like the picking up but after I started to smooth him he snuggled into me with his ears up and melted into my arms. I put him back and tried tiggi. A little bit of a fuss but no scream, just a little unsettled. Gave them their food and left them.

It might not sound like much but its the first time I've been able to hold them in my arms without them being in fear of me. :D So happy right now :love:

PingandTiggi.jpg

Back