• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Young bun questions.

Kerryyyy

Mama Doe
I am trying to get everything ready for the new bunny coming on thursday. And I have a few questions.

1. Should I get junior nuggets for her?? And what age should I move her onto the nuggets the other 3 eat??
2. What toys would be okay for her??
3. When should I introduce fresh foods like herbs, veggies and fruit??
4. When should I do in case some of her fur is matted??

I am going to get her vaccinated and vet checked on friday or next monday.

Have you had a read of this?

But in answer to your questions

1. Should I get junior nuggets for her?? And what age should I move her onto the nuggets the other 3 eat?? You will need to get whatever food she is already eating. You can move her onto the other pellets whenever you want really, however, if these ones suit her tummy then leave her on them for longer. Don't start changing though, until at least 2-4 weeks after she has been with you (depending on her age and stress levels)
2. What toys would be okay for her?? The same as other bunnies really :)
3. When should I introduce fresh foods like herbs, veggies and fruit?? Late 14-16 weeks I think is what I put in the link, and start with leafy greens and foragey food more than anything else and introduce super slowly.
4. When should I do in case some of her fur is matted?? Is it likely to be matted? Is she long haired? if she needs dematting then don't do anything for the first couple of days (unless it is dire), wait until she is settled and work through a bit at a time depending on how she copes with it.

Back