• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

you know what, i just cant look at it or accept he has gone

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
sir victor, cant look at pictures of him any more

i just cannot understand how he can be dead

i have lots numerous rabbits over the years and of course each one has left a void

but victor, it is totally incomprehensible

he was young, he was not 'frail' he should have had many years left

but it is his personality, his larger than life, in-your-face thugness that makes his death seem like a rod of burning iron ripping through me all the time

i am so sorry to go on, i know i am not the only person to have experienced a devastating loss

but i have been trying to head off another 'crash' all day today and seemingly, like with most things i try to do, i have failed

i need to see a light at the end of the tunnel but it just keeps getting darker

:cry:

Jane you don't fail at things you try to do.
It's really hard losing any animal, and it's been such a short time that you lost him that of course it's only natural to feel the way you do just now.
I know it's really cheesy but remember it's darkest just before the dawn.
Hugs for you xxxxx

Sounds like we are at the same dark hole at the moment :cry::cry:

Only my youngster was frail, but he seemed to be on the up. How could have have gained 0.4 kg in two months but he too ill to cope with a GA? I just don't understand how he was under close watch and yet I still missed it.

Is Lydia littermate/relative of Victor? I've realised the pictures you posted of Lydia groom Victor reflect the last few weeks we had here too, only I didn't know what we were about to experience.

Hope you manage to make sense of it/come to terms with it soon.

Aww Jane we completely understand how you are feeling, you dont go on at all,your just mourning the loss, he was a beautiful rabbit, Sending many hugs to you and the other buns xx:(

Sir Victor was special.

Its completely understandable, the grief you are suffering. Not being able to look at photos is too. It will take time, along time, then when its not so painful you will be able to look at photos, remember Sir Victor without it hurting so much.

I really feel for you Jane. xxx

sorry your feeling lke this right now jane :cry: its awful isn;t it, only earlier i logged onto my photobucket account and went to last summer photos looking at locksley, i had to stop :cry:

thank you

i am shocked by how badly his death has effected me

i am never indifferent to any loss, of course i am not

but this is different

also i may regret disclosing this next bit..............

victor died on 11th june

my father's 82nd birthday

until a couple years ago i thought my father was dead, i wish he was

thank you

i am shocked by how badly his death has effected me

i am never indifferent to any loss, of course i am not

but this is different

also i may regret disclosing this next bit..............

victor died on 11th june

my father's 82nd birthday

until a couple years ago i thought my father was dead, i wish he was

From what you have said your father was an awful abusive man. He never had anything to give, emotionally to you or your mum.

I have sometimes wondered if my father passed away if I would shread a tear.

Its not wrong to feel the way you do. Hugs. xxx

I was so down after the loss of my special rat Rodney i ended up ringing the samaritans as i just couldn't cope. what he gave me was so special but no one understood. i feel for you and you need to continue to mourn your loss.

I am the same over my rabbit 'Pud' who I lost last November Jane I just can't get over him and move on I just feel a great sence of sadness as he was such a character, such a funny rabbit forever making me laugh with his funny antics and he was only young and just went for his first dental and had a reaction to the anaesthetic and died that night and I think part of me died with him.

Thinking of you and sending you a big hug xxxxx

This is awful :(
I really hope you feel better soon.
These things do take time but it's a double whammy happening on that particular day..
*hugs*

(((((hugs))))). When you love someone as much as you did it hurts like hell when they leave you. Thinking of you.

Life just isn't fair at times. :cry: Obviously I didnt meet Victor but have experience of losing an animal that I thought would be around for much longer than they were and there really is nothing worse.

I really do feel for you Jane. I lost my very special boy Herbie in January and I am still crying over him, he left me with a broken heart that I don't think will ever heal.

I wish I could say something to you to make it better, but I know that no words can do that. Thinking of you and sending a big hug. xxx

I think that sometimes a loss can trigger the pain from other losses in our lives - I know that has been my own experience anyway.

Losing a beloved member of our family - whether human or animal - is always hard, but sometimes it is gut wrenchingly painful:cry:

Oh Jane, I'm so sorry. I haven't been on RU for a while so missed this. Sending you massive (((((hugs))))))). xxxxxx

Back