• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Feeling Low

Stumpy

Alpha Buck
and feel like i want to give up on bonding my 2 rabbits...

i dont know what im doing and i dont know what to look for and im thankful for all the advice i have been given but i don't think i can do this :cry:

It is very stressful and upsetting when things don't go to plan. :(

Some bunnies just bond very easily and with others it just takes time, a lot of patience and a number of sleepless nights. :roll:

I've only managed a quick read through your thread, but it seems that you are partway there, so don't give up hope.

Is there a local rescue that could do it for you? Quite a lot of rescues will do bonding for a donation.

Don't give up Stumpy! You're doing really well :D if you feel a bit lost, find Sky-O's link to Flash's Place, it's really informative with everything and I've found it very helpful and go back to it regularly, the bonding bit is in the rabbit care section :wave:

Last edited:
It is very stressful and upsetting when things don't go to plan. :(

Some bunnies just bond very easily and with others it just takes time, a lot of patience and a number of sleepless nights. :roll:

I've only managed a quick read through your thread, but it seems that you are partway there, so don't give up hope.

Is there a local rescue that could do it for you? Quite a lot of rescues will do bonding for a donation.

I dont think so. The blue cross is my nearest but thats Southampton and i dont think they do it :(

I'm sorry. I haven't been about enough to read your threads but what, specifically, is making you feel overwhelmed at the moment? Have you been sleeping at night?

I'm sorry. I haven't been about enough to read your threads but what, specifically, is making you feel overwhelmed at the moment? Have you been sleeping at night?

yes im sleeping most of the night although they are waking me some times. im not really sure just being told so many different things and not really knowing what to do and what to look for. i appreciate all the help i have been given but i really don't know where im coming or going and whether things really are going well. there are so many different answer to thing and mixed messages im just really really confused :oops:

yes im sleeping most of the night although they are waking me some times. im not really sure just being told so many different things and not really knowing what to do and what to look for. i appreciate all the help i have been given but i really don't know where im coming or going and whether things really are going well. there are so many different answer to thing and mixed messages im just really really confused :oops:

How about finding someone you trust and talking only to them about it? and following their advice.

You've come so far now that you're closer to the end than you were and it would be a shame to waste all your work by splitting them and giving up now. It's tough and distressing and challenging to bond, especially a less than straight forward one, but you've done the hardest bit :) And you've done fine :)

How about finding someone you trust and talking only to them about it? and following their advice.

You've come so far now that you're closer to the end than you were and it would be a shame to waste all your work by splitting them and giving up now. It's tough and distressing and challenging to bond, especially a less than straight forward one, but you've done the hardest bit :) And you've done fine :)

Thank you

I will keep trying with these 2 then and see how they go over the next few days. I was hoping if i can and there get better together to try them in the shed at the weekend x

I felt this way when I was bonding Angel and Parsley. She's a wee devil!! ( angel that is, ironic eh ;) )
I found the thing that actually helped me was taking them a couple of car journey's in my washing basket with a towel under them and also a towel on top to stop them jumping out.
And then when I got in the house I would sit with them and stroke both their heads.
Thing is it worked really well, Angel pined for Parsley if they were separated.
But now she's had her spay she's been really aggressive towards him.
I've had to keep them separated while she heals and she keeps trying to nip his face through the bars.
I'm going to have to start from the beginning *sigh* :lol:
Just keep at it, you'll get there eventually. xxx

I posted on your other thread before I read this as I was aware that you were receiving conflicting advice from us all.

There are many different ways to bond and so we all have our favourite methods which must be really confusing for you.

I am bonding Sam's buns next week but would be happy to do yours after that if you really wanted someone else to do it, but to be honest I don't think you should give up now. You have got over the hardest part and have done really well.

If it would help at all I would be willing to come over Wed eve or Thurs afternoon/eve or Fri afternoon and give you some moral support.

Back