• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is this safe....?

Jackaroonie

Mama Doe
Is this table safe for the bunnies to have in there shed as like a shelve to jump on?
http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/40104270/#/20011413

lack-side-table__22519_PE107398_S4.jpg

I often put tables into my enclosures to give them something to sit atop and to sit under, but I always saw the legs down so that they're no more than 18" high.

I always staple carpet to the top too to give them something to grip onto. The one you've pictured looks very shiny and slippy, and there is a huge risk of leg injury.

My tables are the kiddie ones from Ikea and are untreated wooden ones - don't know if they still sell them though.

I often put tables into my enclosures to give them something to sit atop and to sit under, but I always saw the legs down so that they're no more than 18" high.

I always staple carpet to the top too to give them something to grip onto. The one you've pictured looks very shiny and slippy, and there is a huge risk of leg injury.

My tables are the kiddie ones from Ikea and are untreated wooden ones - don't know if they still sell them though.

what if we attached ply wood across two of them??

Plywood will give a bit more traction, but after a little use will get shiny and slippy. What about putting a cheap 99p floor mat on top of the ply so it gives them some grip?

I agree with the suggestions of putting something on top, then it will be fine. :thumb:

I have this on my little table to give them grip. I find it's quite secure as it's got a slightly rubbery back.

I agree with the suggestions of putting something on top, then it will be fine. :thumb:

I have this on my little table to give them grip. I find it's quite secure as it's got a slightly rubbery back.

I think I am going to put 2 or 3 in a row then attach plywood to them and maybe put lino on?? or mats?

I have something similarl in my Wendy house to make a shelf so Strawbs can see out the window. He had a carpet tile nailed on the top so he doesn't slip when jumping but he ate it.

Back