• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Litter Training

whitehood

Warren Veteran
Can a 9 week year old rabbit be litter trained ?

I've been trying to train the fosters, I think I'm winning as they don't pee as much as they poo on the floor any more.
Is there any way they can be fully litter trained, or is this not possible until their neuters ?

Biscuit was 100% litter trained from 8 weeks old :wave:

He did it all himself though, he picked a corner, we bought a corner litter tray popped in a couple of poops and have never looked back.

It's now 2.5yrs later :shock:

I've successfully littertrained unspayed does in the past as adults. I think males tend to be trickier........ I think it can be done with babies too but expect it to all go to pot for a bit pnce those hormones kick in :shock:

We got Mylo at 8 weeks, when we saw which corner she liked to go in we put a litter tray there - she picked it up pretty much straight away. Even after we got rid of her cage, we've always kept the tray in the same place and there's never been a problem :thumb:

Our babies were 8 weeks when they got their litter boxes, although only Buttons seems to pee in hers - Nibbles thinks his is a bed >.<

Back