• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbits sight.

yvette

Wise Old Thumper
When I have thrown in treats for the bunnies, they sniff around to find it, often sitting on it first, or nowhere near it, then sniffing it out.
Can they not see it??

Mine do the same, I usually have to tap the floor to let them know we're things are! :) I don't think they pick out details too well and they have a blind spot right in front of their face, so I think they rely on there noses to tell them what's right I front of them. Also I don't think their depth perception is as good as ours because of the position of their eyes so that may make locating things that they have seen more difficult.

I've often wondered this, with Leo especially. Sometimes when I go to put some food in his run he is so eager to get to it he just sniffs around like crazy and misses it! It'd be interesting if anyone knows much about bunny eyesight.

I've often wondered this, with Leo especially. Sometimes when I go to put some food in his run he is so eager to get to it he just sniffs around like crazy and misses it! It'd be interesting if anyone knows much about bunny eyesight.

Exactly this.Anybun???

poor storm must have a huge bilnd spot with his big fat frenchie nose :( and then there are his big floppy frenchie ears so he can't see behind very well :(

I remember reading somewhere they do have quite a big blind spot infront and below the nose, i suppose they would as their eyes are on the side of the head! This is how you know that some of the multi coloured pellets DO taste different as opposed to what the manufacturers say, buns wouldnt be able to tell the colours from under their nose so they must go on taste and smell :)

Back