• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How Good is a Rabbit's Sense of Smell?

Janey

Warren Veteran
I have a new bunny who is currently at my Parent's house while I panacur her, I go and see her everyday.

On Sunday evening I was watching TV at home and Poppy came into the lounge and left several poos (she never does this), I went out into the hall and she had done lots there aswell. Since then she has been pooing and now weeing :roll: in the hallway.

Is it possible she can smell the other bunny? I wash my hand etc thoroughly, however, the only thing I am thinking is my shoes were in the hall. Is it possible her sense of smell is that good?

I don't think it is a health thing, it happened so suddenly and on Sunday was almost done with purpose. Plus she chooses to stay in her room most of the time and doesn't do it in there, however when she leave the boundary is when the *accident* occurs :roll:

I will be washing the floor with vinegar tonight but was wondering if it's even possible she can smell that well.

It's the strongest sense they have apart from sound.

Yes, she will be able to smell the other rabbit - she's now being territorial and will be until she can't smell the other rabbit.

It's the strongest sense they have apart from sound.

Yes, she will be able to smell the other rabbit - she's now being territorial and will be until she can't smell the other rabbit.

Thanks. I am glad. At least I can scrub the floors & hopefully it will stop. Amazing really, the other bunny didnt touch my shoes but they were in her room.

I think my rabbit are deaf (selectively) they rarely stir when I get home, then when they finally notice me they dash away like theyve had the biggest shock of their life. Ha ha.

Back