• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Should I bring him home??

yvette

Wise Old Thumper
Image0348.jpg

Last edited:
My philosophy is "if in doubt, don't" and it's served me well over the years; however, you're a bunny so go for it!! :lol:

Hes lovely isnt he?? Hes a X Rex with a Lionhead...only a baby and Ive not met him yet.He will need all the usual....I really dont know if I should get him.He will need a wife too.....but Ive never had a baby....Id love a baby.

go for it, he's so sweeeeet!:love:

I got Alfie and Roo as 8 weeks old from a breeder - never regretted it, I love having bebe bunnies!

Ive obviously had my head up my butt longer than normals?
What have i missed?
HOWEVER
omg yes he is simply delightfully squidgy cute.

Think with head, not googley eyed heart.

a) can you afford him?
b) do you have anyone you can bond him with, or do you need another rabbit as a friend?
c) do you have the accomodation/money for if he won't bond with anyone else? What if bonding him with an existing pair/trio/quad ruins the existing relationship and you end up with multiple single bunnies?
d) Do you know his history?
e) Why are you thinking of getting him? If it's just because he's cute....

I can never understand the attitude of some people who see a cute bunny and just say "do it!" without necessarily thinking about the situation. Especially those on a forum where the majority of members are rescue oriented.

Guess everyone is allowed their own opinions and ideals etc however.

I said "do it" cos he's a cutie but also cos he'd be in good hands with you. You appear to be an experienced bunny owner and you've always wanted a baby so why not...

I have 2 from babies and I love watching them grow and their personalities change :love:

I know Yvette would not even consider letting her heart rule her head if she had not considered all of the things on the list. In my opinion, she has had a tough time of it recently, and if she wants to get a baby bunny, why shouldnt she? :D.

I think you should if you can offer a baby bunny a home then why not. There are loads in rescue but all bunny need a loving home (My opinion)

a) can you afford him?
b) do you have anyone you can bond him with, or do you need another rabbit as a friend?
c) do you have the accomodation/money for if he won't bond with anyone else? What if bonding him with an existing pair/trio/quad ruins the existing relationship and you end up with multiple single bunnies?

I can never understand the attitude of some people who see a cute bunny and just say "do it!" without necessarily thinking about the situation. Especially those on a forum where the majority of members are rescue oriented.

Afraid I agree with Graham here - if it was a new member we would all be suggesting a rescue. Why should it be different for an established member (yes I know OP is very good with bunnies and this isn't in any way an attack on her)?

I always see new bunnies that I would adopt in an instant (for example the two on the RWA rescue email today!), and sometimes I get quite upset that I'm not in the position to adopt more buns, but I make sure I use my head on these decisions.

Afraid I agree with Graham here - if it was a new member we would all be suggesting a rescue. Why should it be different for an established member (yes I know OP is very good with bunnies and this isn't in any way an attack on her)?

I always see new bunnies that I would adopt in an instant (for example the two on the RWA rescue email today!), and sometimes I get quite upset that I'm not in the position to adopt more buns, but I make sure I use my head on these decisions.

I agree with this.

a) can you afford him?

Completely this and, with my rescue head on if you want a baby why not get one from a rescue :D Or even better why not foster for a rescue then you will get a variety

Last edited:
Completely this and, with my rescue head on if you want a baby why not get one from a rescue :D Or even better why not foster for a rescue then you will get a variety

Ive offered several times to foster....no joy.

I am thinking of having 2 more, but this would mean as I know only too well, the neuters and the vaccs and the space etc etc etc.
Ive been a member on here for 4 yrs and have learnt a great deal.
There is a move coming up, which also means a great deal of pressure.I am also the only wage earner in the house as Ruby just WONT get a job,despite my insistence.

No offence taken at any of the posts on here....Hes a sweet bunny...they all are arent they??

Back