• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Bunny not eating and laying down alot

KathyAnn

New Kit
In the past 4-5 hours I noticed my rabbit has been laying down alot, she sometimes keeps getting up and laying back down again. She isn't wanting to eat any food that I try and give her. She did quite a few poos about an hour ago and they seem normal. She is moving a little and grooming a little sometimes but not much else. Just wondering if I should call the emergency vet? because it's 1am.

Sorry I have only just seen this

How is your Rabbit now ?

From what you described it sounds as though she has/had some abdominal pain and that may be due to various possible problems. If she is still 'not right' I would definitely take her to a Vet this morning

Please let us know how she gets on

I agree. It sounds like your bun is in pain. I would get them to the vet as soon as you can.

I agree with Jane and Jenova, your bunny needs to see a vet asap if she is still doing this.

I hope she is doing OK.

I'd get her to a vet asap.

I had the same issue with my poor bun last week. I took her straight to the vet and she still didn't make it. She passed away less that two hours after we got home. I don't mean to worry you, just to push the point that by the time buns show any real symptoms of pain it is usually best to see a vet asap as they can go down hill very quickly xxxx

Back