• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Looking for a friend for my rabbit-CHESTER

Hi

I am looking for a female rabbit to bond with my neutered male rabbit. I really need help with bonding though. I have read through the advice on bonding but i don't have anyway of having them sniffing each other and slowly introducing them- and keeping them separate at first. Do you know of any rescues near Chester that would do/help with this? Don't want him to stay on his own in such a big area too!!

Thank you x

Last edited:
Hi

I am looking for a female rabbit to bond with my neutered male rabbit. I really need help with bonding though. I have read through the advice on bonding but i don't have anyway of having them sniffing each other and slowly introducing them- and keeping them separate at first. Do you know of any rescues near Chester that would do/help with this? Don't want him to stay on his own in such a big area too!!

Thank you x

Might be worth adding 'Chester' to your title. Have you looked in Rabbits in Need section? Some rescues are able to help with bonding.

Its worth speaking to both Wallasey and Warrington RSPCA about a single bun although neither of them do bonding. Also NCAR in Holywell although I dont know them or if they bond.

If you are able to travel there are several rescues on here that offer a bonding service where your bunny can go and stay for a few days to meet a friend. I did this with my first addition and bonded my own after that. If you see a single bun somewhere that doesnt offer bonding Im willing to come and help if you decide to do it at home :D

Thank you-that is really, really kind. Have seen lots-too many unfortunately!

We did try and bond him our selves with a rabbit my auntie rescued from someone whose child didn't want her anymore but i completely failed and she ended up with my auntie and her rabbits! Don't want this to happen again, he is quite a large rabbit-not a giant or french but still big!

Will have another look through tonight-thank you again x

Thank you-that is really, really kind. Have seen lots-too many unfortunately!

We did try and bond him our selves with a rabbit my auntie rescued from someone whose child didn't want her anymore but i completely failed and she ended up with my auntie and her rabbits! Don't want this to happen again, he is quite a large rabbit-not a giant or french but still big!

Will have another look through tonight-thank you again x

Were both buns neutered? Did you do it in a neutral area in a small space etc?

He is neutered but the female wasn't, we tried to bond them in the garden, but again he had already marked this area as his!

Which rescues on here help with the type of bonding you mentioned?

He is neutered but the female wasn't, we tried to bond them in the garden, but again he had already marked this area as his!

Which rescues on here help with the type of bonding you mentioned?

Ah right females can be as bad if not worse than males and neutral territory is a must. Fatfluffs and Honeybunnies do - both about 2 hr drive from here. BARC do too but Im not sure how far that is from us. If you are looking for a girl I have fallen in love with this lady http://www.rabbitrehome.org.uk/moreinfo.asp?RabID=26991

Worth sending an email to Jill or giving her a call to discuss options :wave: Her contact details are in my signature :wave:

Back