• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Roses?

Britannia

Warren Scout
A friend from work who has a beautiful rose garden had a good deadheading session over the weekend a brought in a massive carrier bag full of flowers and petals for me. She is very much an organic gardener and used to have rabbits herself so I have no fears about pesticides.

I've given the buns a few petals as a treat as I've tended to treat roses as I would fruit, only having one rose bush myself they don't get them very often.

I have put a couple of roses in the fridge and the rest I'm drying hopefully to turn into herbage/mix into their hay. Are rose petals suitable for this? If they are suitable what sort of proportions should I use.

I'm also drying some dandelions and other herbs.

I dont know if they are safe to eat or whether bunnies just dont like roses, because I always take roses to my dads grave every other week and the wild buns never touch them.:shock:

Roses are definitely safe. I don't know so much about portion size but I don't believe they are too sugary or likely to cause any issues i.e gas.

Back