• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Building a bunny playpen

xJordiex

New Kit
I'm planning to section of half of my bedroom to turn into a playpen/home for my rabbit.
The bunny cannot walk on my floor (laminated wood) so I need to put a sheeting of some kind, the problem is I have no idea what materials are safe for him.
He seems to try to eat everything, walls, blinds, sofas etc.
And what fencing to use to make sure the bunny does not get out.
If anyone has any ideas on making (cheap) bunny safe toys, bedding etc. it would be very helpful.
Any suggestions are welcome,
Thanks in advance.

you could get some small mats and put them in so he/she has grip, and have the small enough that if they wee on them you can put them in the wash :)

and you could use an exercise pen for the fencing
something like this:
http://www.dealsdirect.com.au/p/36-diameter-8-panel-playpen-pet-dog-exercise-cage/
sorry its an australian site but its just to show you what i mean :)

and for cheap toys, old phone books, cardboard boxes, and toilet rolls stuffed with hay and maybe a treat somewhere in the middle :)
the cardboard box can double as a bed/hideout, stuff it with hay and just cut an opening big enough for your bun :)
if i put hay for bedding my buns tend to wee on it :roll: so you could try blankets and things like cat and dog beds.

:wave:Just a thought...if bunnies chewing and eating alot they might need more fibre...so loads of hay and also twigs and branches;) Great wood for bunnies to eat is apple leaves, branches & twigs, hawthorn (watch out for the thorny bits - new growth has no thorns), willow branches too:p

Back