• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Am I doing the right thing?? - Need toy advice.

Kerryyyy

Mama Doe
I don't know if I am doing the right thing. And I don't want people to think I am a bad person but I just rescued a bun from P@H kinda. We have to get her on thursday.

We went in and the nice lady that works there asked if she could speak to me. She said they had a call about a baby bunny that the person's child has lost interest in. And they need to get rid of her one way or another. No room in rescues around here and P@H can't take her apparently. So they asked if I would take her. She is only little and really fluffy apparently.

I have the room, time, money and supplies to look after her. But have I done the right thing?? :/.

Last edited:
I would say so. If not, it would most likely just be advertised on some free ad site and end up who knows where. As you say you have everything you need to look after her, she's a lucky bunny IMHO :thumb:

Course you have :) That lil fluffy bunny might have been pts if no would could care for her :( So yes i would of done the same thing

I don't know if I am doing the right thing. And I don't want people to think I am a bad person but I just rescued a bun from P@H kinda. We have to get her on thursday.

We went in and the nice lady that works there asked if she could speak to me. She said they had a call about a baby bunny that the person's child has lost interest in. And they need to get rid of her one way or another. No room in rescues around here and P@H can't take her apparently. So they asked if I would take her. She is only little and really fluffy apparently.

I have the room, time, money and supplies to look after her. But have I done the right thing?? :/.

I don't think anyone is ever a bad person for rescuing a bunny, no matter where they've come from. It's not their fault they need a home bless them, so well done you for doing it.

Do they know you quite well in your P@H, hence why they asked you to help? It's sad that the child has lost interest but I would think about yourself too, can you afford to give this bunny all the time, attention and money etc that it will need, especially if it develops any medical problems?

I would think about my own bunnies first (selfish I know) and then consider any extra, as I need to ensure I am providing the best home possible to the rabbits I already have before taking on any others.

I don't think anyone is ever a bad person for rescuing a bunny, no matter where they've come from. It's not their fault they need a home bless them, so well done you for doing it.

Do they know you quite well in your P@H, hence why they asked you to help? It's sad that the child has lost interest but I would think about yourself too, can you afford to give this bunny all the time, attention and money etc that it will need, especially if it develops any medical problems?

I would think about my own bunnies first (selfish I know) and then consider any extra, as I need to ensure I am providing the best home possible to the rabbits I already have before taking on any others.

Yeah they know me well in there, and they know I have my 3 and how well cared for they are. I can definetly afford another one, I have been saving up to get one from a rescue centre and the possibility of getting a dental bun or snuffles so I have been saving for the worst case senario.

I think you're doing the right thing. Sometimes animals just come to us. That's how I got Grim, someone knew I had a rabbit and asked me to take him. Best (and most expensive :roll:) thing I've ever done. :D

Yeah they know me well in there, and they know I have my 3 and how well cared for they are. I can definetly afford another one, I have been saving up to get one from a rescue centre and the possibility of getting a dental bun or snuffles so I have been saving for the worst case senario.

Then you are definitely doing the right thing helping this little one as she clearly needs a loving home which you will be able to provide :)

Poor little thing doesn't even have a name. :(. I promise I will get some pics up when she is home and settled.

It's just I know there are so many needing a home in rescue centres that I feel bad. :/.
Well, if this fluffy little soul is lucky, she'll end up in a rescue so all you'll be doing is cutting out the middle stage of her spending time in a rescue. How can rehoming a bun in need - and this one apparently is - ever be bad? :thumb:

Thanks everyone.

What kinda of toys would be suitable for her?? I believe she is still little so is about 9 weeks from what I have been told.

Edit: And also if I should worm and flea her just in case??

Last edited:
you've done the rght thng as she would of only ended up going to rescue by sounds of it anyway and taking up space, have you given her a name, she could be called chance (ie second chance)

you've done the rght thng as she would of only ended up going to rescue by sounds of it anyway and taking up space, have you given her a name, she could be called chance (ie second chance)

That's a really nice name. We are still thinking of names. We both like Milly, we just need to see if she looks like a Milly.

Back