• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Advice PLEASE

emmaclaire

Warren Scout
Hi all
Ive started bonding a trio today, i started at 9.15 this morning i put all three in the bath it went brill no chasing no biting but i think they were more concerned about slipping, i left them in there until now i have put them in a metal run which i have pushed together to make it 2ft by 2ft with a toilet in i am so happy all 3 are in the toilet together sitting happily, i am at aloss for words how well its going but saying that i know it could go pear shaped any minute, they have been living in the same room for 2 weeks in seperate cages which i think helped but what now i was thinking maybe make the run a bit bigger later today if all stays well what are your thoughts they would be greatly welcomed xxxxxxxxxxxx

hi,

i'm glad it is all going well. personally if they have only been in the metal run for a day or two i would leave it a bit longer and just give them a tad more room day by day after that.

good luck! :D

I was going to leave them in the run until the weekend if all continues well, what worries me is when they go in the room the original pair live in. And at the moment the run is only 2ft by 2ft so i need to make it a bit bigger maybe leave it till tomz xxx

you would need to neutralise the area the first two lived in before you put the trio back in there.
wash everything in a white vinegar solution, walls, floors,trays toys etc.. just to get rid of any scents from before and they all go into a neutral home without any terratorial claims.

Thats what worries me they have a fabric full size settee and a big rug in there it is a living area so lots of things that are hard to nutalise can you use sprays on fabric such as frebreeze and oust etc or are harmful for animals ? thanks for the reply xxx

Hi there. Please don't use febreeze. I have heard of puppies going blind and apparently that is the culprit. You can make your own vinegar spray 50/50 vinegar and water. IMO 2 x 2 is a little small to be cooped up, 3 x 2 would be better. If you make sure they are well bonded they should be ok going into that room. Just do what you can to take any scent away. Hope it gooes smoothly.

thanks for that advice. They seem really settled so im going to make the pen a bit bigger :shock: here goes xxx

Just to update they spent the night together in the dinning room in the 2ft by 4ft pen no problems everyone seems happy, so i thought il move the pen into the extention were the original 2 live as we cant get to the dinning table so i did oh my how things changed Alan my male nethie went very teritorial chasing Dexter the new male, Maisey Alans Wifebun didnt do anything but of course everyone became unnerved so i quicky moved it back into the dinning room and after half an hr things returned to normal so now i now im going to have my work cut out nutralizing the extention but im going to leave them in the dinning room for a week we will have to eat on our laps :roll:

Back