• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Mylo's Spay Diary U/D Pics

MissSherwood89

Mama Doe
The day is finally here. Dropped Mylo off at the vets this morning and, as expected, I'm a nervous wreck! I know spaying is definitely the best thing for everyone (she's very hormonal! :lol:) I just can't help but think the worst, it's the same no matter what when it comes to my furbabies, I just want her home and be sure that she's going to be fine. Trying to keep myself busy by giving our room a good clean, but still missing my little fluffy monster loads :love:

Home already, there was me worried sick all day and she's behaving as if nothing happened! She's hopping around, eating, drinking, digging her favourite blanket. Obviously I'm keeping my closest eye on her, and will do so all night. Right now she's just chilling on her bed, so far, so good :D

Really sorry I missed this earlier, but adding belated vibes that her good recovery continues.

Thank you for the vibes everyone :) It's nice to talk to people who know how it feels to love bunnies so much, most of my friends or family probably think I was overreacting :roll:

Well she slept pretty much all day yesterday, was getting worried that she hadn't eaten but at about half 10 last night it was like someone has pressed her 'on' button. I was lying next to her giving cheek rubs when she just randomly jumped up and inhaled the pile of herbs I'd left out!

Today, she still seems a bit dopey, but she's been eating little bits of hay, better than nothing I suppose. I'm also worried about her stitches, she's so fluffy I can't tell whether she's nibbling or just licking them. I shall be continuing my watch on her, as always.

Edit: Yep, definitely feeling better, she's currently playing her favourite game of messing up the bed!
P1040840.jpg

Never mind, the floor's comfier anyway!
P1040842.jpg

Still getting paranoid about her stitches, I keep checking them every couple of hours. From what I can tell, she hasn't pulled them out, but she has nibbled on them so they're now flush with the skin rather than having the little bits sticking out. Not really sure what I can do, I've read about people using babygrows but I don't have one. Some also said using socks/tights but I'm not really sure how this would work without being really tight. I don't want to have to take her back to the vet just yet as the wound is still closed and looks pretty clean. Any suggestions?

Last edited:
Day 3: All is well, as far as I can see. Definitely back to her old self as she no longer lets me check her stitches, which is causing all kinds of paranoia! I'm scared about her chewing them out, but I'm also worried about causing more damage by trying to pick her up to check. But other than that everything seems to be going fine!

Back