• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Feeling so down - grief/loss

chloemurray

Warren Veteran
Some of you might remember my bunny Benji, who passed away in October last year. I love all of my bunnies loads but Benji was something else, one of those "one of a kind" bunnies if you know what I mean:lol:

Normally I'm pretty good at just getting on with things, and I did for a long time but I've had such a rubbish time in the last nine months or so and I've started missing Benji so badly for some reason :( I think it's because I put so much time and effort into my rabbits and Benji was the only one who ever gave any affection back if you know what I mean? He'd groom me, climb all over me for cuddles, follow me around the house, jump into my lap and flop on me:lol:... I genuinely think he loved me:) (Now I know why my friends call me crazy rabbit girl....)

I suppose I just miss my little cuddle bunny, and because I ignored my grief at the time it's all come back now that everything else in my life has calmed down.

Here's his memorial video for anyone who's interested, I love it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeAY9WCsRiM

I know how you feel I have lost 3 of my favourite rabbits in less than 18 months and one of them 'Pud' who I lost last November I just can't get over or deal with it, I still miss him terribly and still cry from time to time for him it's just so hard :cry:

Sending hugs xxxx

I fully understand.
I had to have one of my bunnies (aged almost 8) pts in December after there was just nothing else to be done.
He was a badly injured half-wildie I rescued as a baby and we formed such a close bond, particularly as he lived in the house for quite a while (and up my t-shirt for a lot of the time) as I was having to syringe feed him and nurse him back to health.
I have two other rabbits I love dearly - but I still miss my boy so badly.
I think we just have to accept the grief. The pain certainly doesn't go away: it is, sadly, a case of learning to live with it.:cry:
Hope other things settle down and you will start to feel better.

I know how you feel I have lost 3 of my favourite rabbits in less than 18 months and one of them 'Pud' who I lost last November I just can't get over or deal with it, I still miss him terribly and still cry from time to time for him it's just so hard :cry:

Sending hugs xxxx

Thanks :( It's horrible isn't it, when they're so special to you and in particular when you know it's not their "time". I have a bunny called Pud as well, he always reminds me of your Pud xxxx

Thanks :( It's horrible isn't it, when they're so special to you and in particular when you know it's not their "time". I have a bunny called Pud as well, he always reminds me of your Pud xxxx

It is horrible and it doesn't matter how many you lose it just never get's any easier :(

I'm still struggling with Losing Blue. I don't know how I'm going to come with the new bunny....but Marnie needs him.....and she comes first.

*hug*

Dont be hard on yourself you are doing great loss if a difficult thing and everyone takes their own time to heal

ive always been told to remeber the good times:(
but yh i soemtimes feel like dec was the only bun that every appreciated what i did too
stay strong chloe xxx as they say benji wouldnt want you to be sad :(

it's coming up to a year since i lost my darling barnsley so i know how you feel, i sometimes go onto rainbow bridge and read the loving comments people posted, not just when i lost barnes but also when i lost lolly, i fill up with tears and bawl my eyes out but i feel better for it afterwards

hugs

Back