• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Which would be better?

courtneydayle

Alpha Buck
Going to attach a 4X4 run to it so a bunny can be inside. Just wanted some advice. Thanks.

images1.jpg

images.jpg

They are roughly the same size. (Not the exact ones in the pictures, but that style. Second one has a tray in the bottom.)

295467_4442661311538_951108592_n.jpg

I used one similar to your 1st pic (42")

Its not ideal as the trays do not contain the mess, i'm gonna try plastic lawn edging around the inside. I've only recently brought my bun inside and i'm not sure if she likes her new home. She doesn't use 1st floor much and hides in the back allot. I open the door for her but she wont come out for excersize. I've stopped lining the floor with paper as she rips it up, but now the pee is seeping out :( because she's not using her litter tray (she was good with it when she was in a hutch).

On the plus side, they are much more spacious and cheaper than rabbit cages.:thumb:

Mine is clean because I just line it with blanket, and the hay is in the litter tray. Never had any problems with mess :)

With rabbits, less is sometimes more. Not space wise of course because the bigger the better, but they only really need (from my experience) a lining litter tray full of hay, a hidey area, and a couple of toys to throw around or a tunnel :) I have seen a picture of a rabbit recently and it was in an okay hutch (5ft double) but it was full of tunnels, toys and boxes, it literally had no room.

I think the first crate looks better :wave:

Its not ideal as the trays do not contain the mess, i'm gonna try plastic lawn edging around the inside. I've only recently brought my bun inside and i'm not sure if she likes her new home. She doesn't use 1st floor much and hides in the back allot. I open the door for her but she wont come out for excersize. I've stopped lining the floor with paper as she rips it up, but now the pee is seeping out :( because she's not using her litter tray (she was good with it when she was in a hutch).

On the plus side, they are much more spacious and cheaper than rabbit cages.:thumb:

I have found that with Poppy (who we used to shut in her 48inch dog crate at night) was a lot happier and a lot more active when we attached a puppy pen :D and even more so now she has run of the bedroom 24/7, she's so much more confident too :D is there anyway you can attach something for bunny? I honestly think if she had more room at night (when they are awake properly) then she will feel a lot better in her new surroundings :wave: also litter tray wise, why not stick all the hay in the litter tray and line the crate with a blanket or towel? A lot easier to wash and fun to dig if you stick a few in :wave:

I was leaning towards the one with two doors, but if ya'll think the other one is better I'll just try them both out, or attach one on each end to give him even more room. Measurements are in feet. That'll just be while I'm away, when I'm here to supervise him I'll probably let him free range in my room.

On a side note, anyoe have any suggestions on how to keep him out from under my bed?

Back