• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help needed urgently please.

thumps_

Wise Old Thumper
I need help on standby for Benjie -snuffles bunny please.
I'm now so ill, I only have a small window of 3 hours in the evening when I can string 2 thoughts together.
I have such severe retardation with depression, my ankles are huge (normally small & boney) from immobility. As a last resort, having tried to keep going by overdosing myself on a daylight lamp, I took a normal dose of echinacea last night to lower cortisol levels. I'm poleaxed, but this could well make me more responsive to medication - yep experimenting on myself. Things aren't looking good.

I'm terrified I won't be able to care for Benjie or need hospital admission. So I'm looking for someone prepared to foster Benjie, probably for 2-3 months.
Benjie has mild snuffles controled by home made saline nebuliser for which he sits on my knee. He's very well controlled at the mo.
A big problem is his foraged diet. I can give a supply of food dried for winter but he also needs the current young hawthorn shoots for fiber & dandelions.
He's a house bun, frightened outside, tends to be nervous, stays on the ground. Sorry, he has a bad habit of digging the edge of the carpet:oops:. He's incredibly affectionate all he wants is to be stroked, I've permanently wet trousers from where he licks me in return.:lol: Toilet training is perfect.

Obviously I'll keep caring for him as long as possible, but need a foster home, on standby possibly at very short notice.
Swindon is very near the Berks/Oxford/Gloucs border.

ETA Normally I'd have used "little paws" rescue but the owner is in hospital herself!

So sorry to hear you are so poorly. :( I know I'm miles from you so not much help but didn't want to read and run. If there's no one nearer who can help then let me know. Sending you healing vibes xx

Sorry I'm useless but I too couldn't read and run. Sorry to hear you're ill, I really hope you sort things for Benjie, sending vibes x

I am really sorry to see this Thumps. I hope that someone will be able to putyour mind at rest and be on standby. In the meantime, look after yourself and get the swellihg down as much as you can.

You know I will do it. You should have come straight to me. :wave:

*hugs* Sorry you're feeling so bad. I don't know what I'd do about forage, but I'm sure some lovely people could send me some for him in the post. Yarmouth is barren... But I could always go up to Norwich to forage and I would be prepared to do it for you and him.

Thank you you kind people from the North. All my old roots are in the North; but the Eastern side - Northumberland, Co Durham, & Yorkshire Dales.

Jen that so kind of you. I've bypassed Yarmouth several times on my way to Walsingham. The problem is that it's on the coast so there's just gorse scrubland. When you go about 5 miles inland there are lots of hedges.
communications with that part of the country from here are very poor by whichever method.
By rail you'd have to go to London probably KingsX then cross London to Paddington to get here. It would be totally irresponsible of me to drive like this, even just round the corner. I'm having quite substantial lapses of concentration which feel like "blanks". It's almost like catatonia -lasts up to 11/2 hours, unaware of surroundings, & "frozen". The academic side of me is quite intrigued that I often freeze, cup of tea poised midair. When I "come round" the tea is stone cold, but I never spill a drop.
BTW I'm one of the really lucky ones, I don't feel miserable - I don't actually feel much at all, which is as well or I'd be having full blown panic attacks at my brain packing in.
Our best communications are East - West via the M4 corridor.

When your bunnies are stable I'm determined to get you down here & over to look for the "big black cat." If you can drive, I can get my car insured for you, to get you mobile!

Thank you aliduncan. I feel terrible that I haven't been on here to support all the lovely people who supported me when Thumps was ill. He only had a prognosis of 2 months when I started the thread & kept going for 18 months.
I've been struggling for most of this year. Yes, I've got cotton bandages to bind up my ankles & control the swelling.

I so wish I could help Judy. I am just not in a position to be able to care for any more Rabbits :cry:

Does Sarah know of anyone who may be able to help you at all ?

I am so sorry that you are very unwell and I feel totally useless in not being able to do anything constructive to help you

All I can do is send you a huge hug xx

Judy Im so sorry I cant help although I can help supplying forage for anyone that could take him on. Huge hugs x

I can take him for you and give him the care that he needs for as long as you want, I can travel to collect and deliver, sending hugs to you

Snowy, that sounds hopeful. I'm just over an hour away from Leicester travelling on the Roman Fosse Way. It's a B road but dead straight, through the heart of the Cotswolds. Travelling south, I hop off it just South of Stow in the wold to go to Burford then Lechlade.
I think that Benjie would probably "cage" quite well during the day -he spends almost all that time under the dressing table & in his hidey box (which can pack into a car boot -just)- but he'd need a bit of a run round in the evening. He's a very "rabbit" rabbit. I don't know how well he travels long distance. If he's confined, I've probably got a spare strip of carpet to protect yours.

Obviously I'd cover all costs & give money for boarding. can I pm you how to contact me tonight?

I'm feeling a bit more lucid today but the "demon'' is yet to hit me.

He can come here for as long as you need and I have everything he will need, he won't be caged as we have free range spaces, carpet..........such luxury :lol:, his hidey box would be good because it's his and will be familiar to him

Please contact me anytime you like, I am always seeing to the bunnies but usually around

He can come here for as long as you need and I have everything he will need, he won't be caged as we have free range spaces, carpet..........such luxury :lol:, his hidey box would be good because it's his and will be familiar to him

Please contact me anytime you like, I am always seeing to the bunnies but usually around

:love: Thank you SO much Snowy :D:wave:

If I can help with anything please let me know, i'm probably too far in the wrong direction to be of any practical help but if there is anything I can do... just shout.

Judy, I am so sorry you are so poorly :cry::cry::cry: I feel I have neglected you of late, have just been so busy with the little one and Poppy being poorly too (she's fine now) and a busy month with my family, so sorry :cry: Please let me know if there is anything we can do xx

I'm so sorry that you are feeling so unwell (((hugs))) It looks like there are some lovely people on here who will be able to help you. look after your self X

Judy, I didn't see this yesterday- I'm so sorry you're poorly:(

I'm relieved to see you had some kind offers from Jenova and Snowy- if I can help in any way e.g. if you need to organise a bunny run or further supplies of forage then send me a PM. I also have a nebuliser going spare which I would be happy to send to his foster home- it's a very quiet one too. Let me know.

I really hope you feel better soon. Big hugs xx

I'm so sorry you're so ill :( it looks like Benj will be well looked after though until you're feeling better again, people on here are fab :love:

I'm so sorry to hear you're so poorly Judy. :( I can't be of any help but am thinking of you. xx

My God, Judy, I've just seen this. :( Obviously all I can do is keep you in my prayers but you know that you are there already. And Benjie too. ((((((((((((Hugs))))))))))))
Please don't hesitate to PM me if you need and feel up to it. Be well and safe, my dear friend.

Back