• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

post 5 Q about health now?

lucy24

Mama Doe
HOney is hastling charlie alot and he seems sad. if i stroke him she tries to stop me by getting in the way or nipping him.he is so placid i feel abd for him. we recently ggot a trio of girls and im thikning it could be referred agression but what can i do? honey was like this before i got the girls too:( do i separate them? HELP...

Last edited:
yes they are a pair.both neutered and outdoors. the trio of girls are indoors and not old enough to be done yet.it has been worse since the trio were let for a run in the garden whilst my pair were in their run. honey and charlie had a fight-cirlcling like a ball of fluff! the trio are due to go out when honey and charlie move in to the shed.

charlie is also on antibiotics for a snufflt nose. Honey has even been more grumpy with me-she has nose problems too.

hmm honey is not herslef. shes not coming up to me as freely in her hutch just sitting there. still eating but what could be the cause? will keep an eye but am going to work soon:(

I think a vet check is probably in order... bunnies sometimes get defensive of eachother/themselves when they know something is wrong. Hope they are all okay xx

If the trio went up to Honey's run that would be why they had a fight. It is called referred aggression. It is normal but better not to let it happen as it is stressful for bunnies. The girl usually comes off worst as the male is reinforcing his dominance just to make sure everybody knows that he is boss. Maybe she is feeling as bit rough because of this, Don't let your trio go up to their run or it will happen again, or even if the trio can get close to their hutch if the hutch is low down it will happen also. Do you use wood shaavings as this can upset rabbits' noses and clean their hutch, if they spend a long time in it, every day.

Back