• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

urgent injured wildie

Coineanach

Wise Old Thumper
wildie with bite to back of neck im told. only a little one. breathing shallow. in a box with hay and blanket. keeping him her warm. away from home so no idea where emrg vet is. what can we do for him her? calpol? should we give food? on phone so sorry for badtyping. could someone please cross post to health thanks.

wildie with bite to back of neck im told. only a little one. breathing shallow. in a box with hay and blanket. keeping him her warm. away from home so no idea where emrg vet is. what can we do for him her? calpol? should we give food? on phone so sorry for badtyping. could someone please cross post to health thanks.

Personally I would do no more that provide a dark warm box. Any more direct intervention would probably do more harm than good. I would then try to get in touch with a Wildlife Centre, a Vet or the RSPCA

Please do not under any circumstances give Calpol, it would probably finish the kit off :cry:

Thanks guys, I already had him in a nice dark, warm room with a cozy box and some towels. I was asking about the calpol as I know it can be given to other small furries and didn't have any metacam around - didn't want the wee chap to be in pain.

He wasn't quite a kit, but not an adult either. A lovely wee bun. A lady from the SSPCA came round a few hours later to collect him, she said he will have minimal contact with humans and be released into the wild when he's recovered :love:

Back