• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

In all my time as a bunny mummy.......

yvette

Wise Old Thumper
Ive only seen a rabbit fast asleep ONCE.Most of the time they are sat like bread loaves with eyes closed.
Lily was the only bunny I saw on her side asleep and when I yelled in fright,she leapt up......

Marne spends most of her time asleep on her side....sometimes on her back too. She is a lazy little madam :lol:

I was reading somewhere teh other day that you can tell from how a rabbit sleeps how safe he feels

The information said if a rabbit lays with his/her belly on show then that rabbit feels very safe in his/her enviroment :D Which is good cause patches is next to me in his pen on his side playing dead with his eyes shut :p I just wanna go to his tummy and go "tickle tickle tickle!!" lol

Ive only seen a rabbit fast asleep ONCE.Most of the time they are sat like bread loaves with eyes closed.
Lily was the only bunny I saw on her side asleep and when I yelled in fright,she leapt up......

This description made me laugh, we've always called it 'fluffy slipper mode' :lol:

edward does roll-overs alot usually right under bellas chin as if to say "love me" bella has been rolling over a bit more lately which is nice to see, means she's feeling safe and secure (i hope)

Mr is constantly in the bread loaf when in the house yet wilma will flop out.

Mr flops out too but I think he prefers the loaf he always has his eyes closed which I read means they feel sage

That made me laugh too, Misty looks exactly like a bread loaf when she's sat still!

Back