• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny ear infections?

VickyC83

Mama Doe
The vet has given me ear drops and advised me to syringe small amounts of sterilised salt water in to my bun's ears. The infection is almost clear but there is still a bit of pus at the bottom of one of his ears. Does anyone think Baytril might help, or am I being a muppet? :lol:

Hi

How long have you been giving him the drops? I have used them for both my cat and one of my buns and in both cases it cleared up in a week.

It's been a week and a half, he's been to the vets twice and goes back next Saturday. The vet let me look through the lens at his ears :shock: it's a loooooong way down to the bottom lol

Awww!! Poor little bunny.

its horrid putting the drops in isnt it? When I had to do Emily, by the third day its almost like she came to expect it and came near to me so I could do it while she sat on the floor rather than having to pick her up.

It was easier doing Scooter as I could wrap him in a towel and do it on my own but couldnt do a bunny on my own.

Awwww is Emily ok now?

I've had to do eye and ear drops on my own with Bunzle -it's a work of art lol. Did you feel really evil? I could've cried :(

ha, yes, I felt terrible doing it, thankfully they got over it really quickly. amazing how quick pets forgive you for making them better again :lol:

have you decided what you will do about the baytril? I dont think it can do any harm for a couple of days if the ears havent cleared up after a week and a half if might just do the trick

:lol: it is. Shame our bank balances don't forgive us so quickly.

I'm of the same opinion as you. I#m going to call the vet and check though :)

Parsley has inflamed ears both of them.
We got given flamazine drops to give and they worked really well.
Now were giving him a 10ml baytril with saline solution drops in each ear just to finish clearing it up.
It seems to be helping but because its liquid rather than cream he is a bit more annoyed at it, shakes his head more and stuff.

Back