• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cleo has a broken leg, it will be amputated, update Bad news :(

Bungle bunny

Mama Doe
:cry:

My poor little girl, the vet thinks that she must have stamped her foot so hard she has shattered her bone just below the knee, I didnt even know they could do that.

She is upstairs in the bathroom with her husbun to keep her company. The vet doesnt think she is in too much pain as he thinks that the nerve is broken too but she has metacam. she is eating and grinding her teeth in pleasure when I stroke her.

What a brave little girl.

We are so shocked, OH went out to feed them and couldnt believe his eyes when her little leg was just sticking out to the side.

Please can I have vibes for a pain free weekend and an easy op.

The vet was great, very rabbit savy and is confident that she will be ok and get used to it really quickly

Last edited:
Poor Bunny :cry:

I hope the op goes well and that she makes a speedy recovery. I have a Bunny (Harry) who had to have his hind leg amputated due to a compound fracture. He copes very well with three legs xx

Oh gosh, poor Cleo :cry::cry: sending lots of vibes, hope her operation goes well and she has a quick recovery xxxxxx

Sending lots of vibes for her. I read an article in a back issue of the RWA magazine about how well bunnies can cope with three legs. Hope all goes as smoothly as possible for Cleo. xx

Poor Bunny :cry:

I hope the op goes well and that she makes a speedy recovery. I have a Bunny (Harry) who had to have his hind leg amputated due to a compound fracture. He copes very well with three legs xx

Hi Jane, thanks for this. Does Harry have any trouble getting up and down ramps? Cleo and Bruce have 3 levels to their indoor accomodation. I have been thinking about it all afternoon. I could swap them over with one of the other pairs who have totally flat indoor and outdoor areas but I am worried about stressing out Muffin and Tango by moving them.

My thoughts really go out to you. Our bun only has three legs, one of her front legs was amputated in February.

After her healing time, we gradually increased the space she has to roam. It has been 4 months now and we honestly feel she is faster on 3 legs than she was one 4. She jumps up and down off the sofa and regardless of the different barricades I put on the stairs she still managers to get over them (without making a sound).

I may be quite new at this, but with the right amount of care and the love you have for them, I do feel that Rabbits seem to be able to adjust to situations far better than we can!

Give her lots of love, stock up on her favorite treats and spoil her rotten when she comes home. (Don't forget to take some treats with you to the vets so they can give her treats too!!)

I hope tomorrow goes well and she will be home with you in no time.

Back