• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My shed stuff.

BattleKat

Wise Old Thumper
I'm sure many of you will have seen my shed but I've never done a thread for it and I'm finally getting happy with it so I'm putting it all here :wave:

The shed is an 8x6 overlap shed which we got second hand, the run is about 8x8 and we made it ourselves from scrap wood.

outside.
I've just bought some wooden butterflies which have made the shed a little less ugly. Maybe next year I'll paint it as I've never really liked the colour.
shed2-1.jpg

herb patch is doing surprisingly well considering my awful gardening skills, although the violas keep getting munched. The herb patch and willow tree are doing quite a nice job of "softening" the appearance of the rabbit setup, as it's not the most appealing of things.
You can also see the short fencing which we use to section off places we don't want them to go. Much less ugly than the tall silver panels we were using. They can jump it but don't very often. Only problem is today Eli discovered he can pull it out and throw it :lol:
shedgarden.jpg

inside. all of the mats are washable just in case they pee on them, and lots of small ones means they're easy to pick up and shake off. The big one is a pain in the behind because it's like a sponge for fur and hay but it's really soft and I like to lie on it so I'm keeping it. :D
The shelf is 3/4" sterling board covered with lino to stop the buns chewing it. It's held up with two 3x2 batons, one across the front and one across the back, screwed in to the upright batons of the shed. The shelf sits on top and is screwed in, so far it's tested to hold 11 stone so nice and sturdy!
OH kindly trailed some electricity from the house and in to the back of the shed so we have lights that turn on from the bottom of the stairs by the door.
shedinside.jpg

Shelves that work were throwing away now store blankets, spare mats, dustpan, food, and tubs for dried herbage and readigrass
shelves.jpg

hay shelf and litter tray (before hanging basket hay rack was replaced)
hayshelf.jpg

new hay rack which holds plenty of hay but that Eli can't jump in and pee all over!
hayrack-1.jpg

Water bottle/bowl (I love this thing). We keep a fleece blanket underneath which is switched every day as fleece dries much quicker than the mats.
bottle.jpg

Lastly, I finally bought the carrier I wanted and I love it. Here's rambo modelling, the other two had had enough and were flopped out inside but you can see it's a good size for the three of them and has a nice big front access which is great for getting them in and out.
carrier.jpg

There you have it, my shed. :D

thanks for the comment folks :D

Thats so lovely! Love the bunting too!:p

Where did you get your carrier from? ;)

I love the bunting, it says merry christmas on the reverse so I can flip it round in december :D

The carrier was from zooplus which I think is about the cheapest place to get it, it's the ferplast atlas mini. Expensive but it's the only one I've found which ticked all the boxes for my three. :thumb:

Back