• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

license for sellers of pets

Dave81

Mama Doe
Am I right in thinking that any seller not abiding by the ground rules set out for the license can have it revoked by the council if an investigation finds the allegations to be breaking said rules?

Yes that is correct, although they only have to be licenced if they are selling for profit. You can ring your local council to make a complaint against a shop.

oh just to add, they are usually given an order to improve first.

Yes that is correct, although they only have to be licenced if they are selling for profit. You can ring your local council to make a complaint against a shop.

oh just to add, they are usually given an order to improve first.

Thanks I was planning on writing an email to the council as I've reviewed the details of what the license specifies and this garden centre really isn't following the guidelines.

I was just wondering what the council may or may not do

I reported a pet shop in Middlesbrough a couple of years ago. I rang the general council number and they put me through to the right department. I spoke to the licencing officer there who talked me through the procedure and she rang me after the inspection to let me know the outcome etc. She was really nice and after talking to me even tightened up the regulations as they are decided at an individual council level. (I explained why I was worried they where guineas in with bunnies and after checking my facts for herself she made it part of the licence they couldn't be kept together).

Back