• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

do your rabbits lke having nails done

do your rabbits bother when you trm their nails

• no

Votes: 21 70.0%
  • yes

Votes: 9 30.0%

• Total voters
I ticked no, they really don't like it at all. Twinkle and Star are the hardest, they really hate being picked up full stop.

Stephen detests it. Can only do one foot at a time and the OH has to hold him still and I have to trim his nails.
He has to have lots of noserubs, cuddles and a couple of basil leaves to recover.

Deffinately a no from us! Well tbh I haven't actually tried Gordon or Boris but before when I just had Beano I tried and oh my, the fight she put up I had to stop as I thought if she struggled any more she'd be breaking something! :( Beano doesn't like being handled at all though so I was expecting her to struggle, so I just ask the vet to do them alls when they go for vaccs

Most of mine are pretty good at tolerating it (namely because they know they get treaty noms after) but they don't like it.

We go to the vet to have Buckley's claws clipped because OH can't hold him or clip his claws so it would be just me trying to do both, and Buckley is a first class wriggler!

I don't think our's have a choice they have to have their nails done like it or not, most of them are no trouble and don't bother but Helen can be a bit awkward and try and nip your hand :lol:

Never had to do Alfie and Roo's and Dee doesn't mind, she's a star at being carried and handled so this is no different, her reward is going out on the grass with some carrot treats :D

Bella seems to think that I'm about to murder her. She puts up such a fight :shock: And sulks for ages after!

Boris doesn't exactly like it but he does tolerate it.

My two sort of give up struggling after a while! It was my first time doing it yesterday so I was nervous... after a while I got bored of faffing so I had the mind set of RIGHT ENOUGH WE'RE DOING THIS!! snipsnipsnip and they were all done xD

But yes cuddles, pellets and hay do help a little. I put them on a set of drawers so they were high off the ground which helped

Spenser regards it as a great insult to his bunny dignity! :roll: I would never attempt it on my own, he always has his nails done by a vet.

Mine aren't bothered, if I let go of them they'll jump off my knee or onto the grass but they don't struggle, if I see them laying down in the run with their feet out I'll even sometimes do it then and they'll let me get to a few before tooking their feet in :lol:

Back