• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

People whos rabbits live down the side of the house

Georgeypudding

Wise Old Thumper
and you cant really see them....

Is it alright for you? My rabbits currently have a 5x2x4ft hutch with a 4x8ft run, which is in direct sunlight and I can see them from the back door and kitchen window. If I move them down the side of the house they'll have a 6x4shed with a 4x13ft (ish) run, sunlight but really quite sheltered (house on one side, 6ft fence on the other) I wont be able to see them, even sat on the decking, BUT I will be able to sit in the run with them, and they get free range anyway.

I wasnt bothered about it, until my mum said I wont see them :oops::lol: No where else the setup can be placed, they either stay put or get moved down the side of the house. Just want some reassurance that it'll be alright :oops:

The plan when we moved was for Bun to move into the 6x8ft shed; however we took the shed down to move it and he lives in the kitchen overnight but in the day just hangs out with us in the house (bedroom is out of bounds though) and goes in the garden if we wants.

I want to reclaim my dining area but havent done it yet because i think ill miss Bun, i like having him hanging out with us. wish i could affod to build a conservatory for him!I still havent come up witha solution but the shed is still in bits and hes still indoors....

I have Candyfloss and Dusk right up the end of the garden behind our large brick pond. I can see the roof of their enclosure from the windows and if I hang out the spare room window at a precarious angle then I may catch a glimpse of the bunnies themselves.

They are up there predominantly because she is blind and startles very easily and doesn't cope with the smells of other bunnies.

However, I see them as much as I see the others and whenever I'm seeing the others, I pop and see them too and often actually see them more than the others when I'm doing something in the garden. They still come running to me, still interested in me and very happy themselves and their own little lives too. They act no different from any of my others who I can see from the house and I see them no less either.

If they can come out to free range you'll still see them plenty so it will be fine, and they'll really benefit from the extra space. :)

My parents have this kind of set up. essentially the whole alleyway space down the side is all meshed over as a run and they have their hutch in their as well. My dad got one of those security cameras, it does normal and infra red. and somehow it can be accessed wirelessly and via the web. so they can watch the buns from indoors and see what they are getting up to. it's not the same but it's quite cool!

That's exactly how Dudley and Mavis are, right down to the measurements :lol: yes I do prefer to look out and see them, but it's nice and sheltered, they get a good mix of sun and shade and I do spend a lot of time round there sitting with them, so it's fine really :D

I have Candyfloss and Dusk right up the end of the garden behind our large brick pond. I can see the roof of their enclosure from the windows and if I hang out the spare room window at a precarious angle then I may catch a glimpse of the bunnies themselves.

They are up there predominantly because she is blind and startles very easily and doesn't cope with the smells of other bunnies.

However, I see them as much as I see the others and whenever I'm seeing the others, I pop and see them too and often actually see them more than the others when I'm doing something in the garden. They still come running to me, still interested in me and very happy themselves and their own little lives too. They act no different from any of my others who I can see from the house and I see them no less either.

Thinking about it, I'd probably spend even more time with them as right now I just walk past and have a quick chat but I'd purposly be sitting with them, and will be more inclined to give them longer/more free range time :thumb:

Mine are down the side and its fine as they're aviary is next to the conservatory so I can sit and watch them :D

ooo! If I sit at the right angle in the conservatory I can probably see down there :lol:

CrazyGal - could you ask your dad what camera it is that he has? I think I'd really like a camera so I can watch them :love:

Phew, thanks everyone I feel much better about it now :love: I'd of moved them down there anyway as its the best thing for them and I dont count! :lol:

Back