• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Taking my rabbits to my parents.

Jenova

Wise Old Thumper
I do this a few times a year and have done since 2009 when Grim was put on penicillin. My OH is allergic to it and really I don't trust anyone else to inject him so I always take him, and therefore Smoo, with me. I travel from Yarmouth to Manchester which takes about seven hours from door to door and usually the buns are fine with it. I've often posted up photos of them chilling on the train. But I'm just worrying a bit this time.

Smoo's abscess has come back again so she's on painkillers and penicillin injections again. Grim is on a lot of medication because he's just so bunged up with infection in his nose and eyes. I don't want to be cruel to them taking them with me. I spoke to the vet today and she said it should be okay if it's not too hot. But it will probably be hot. I have a cage fan I'm taking with and I'll take a frozen bottle. She said they should be okay. What do you think?

They love it at my parents because they get a huge garden to run around in and there's always loads of binkies and happy flops.

What's the date you're taking them? With a frozen bottle and a fan I'm sure they'll be absolutely fine - my two manage in really hot weather, still with their winter coat on and they ignore the frozen bottles I put out! They're always much more resilient than you think. Plus GrimnSmoo really don't mind travelling do they? And they love the garden! I think they'll be fine :)

I think that if the vet said it would be ok then it should be. Also they have done the journey before and enjoy being at your parent's. The forecast isn't for hot weather at the moment so it all looks positive.

They are normally fine. You can always put them on the seat like before. Can you upgrade to first class, sometimes its only a few more pounds, if you are lucky. The trains should have air conditoning. I am sure they will love being up there again running around.

I'm going on the 10th July so probably too early to check the weather yet. I'm just worried about Grim's snufflelyness in the heat. :? But he has almost two weeks before we go and lots of new medicine which will hopefully clear him up. I take the nebuliser and stuff with me.

Good idea about upgrading to first class. :thumb:
I'll have to find out how much it will be. If they have air conditioning it will be worth it definitely.

I'm going on the 10th July so probably too early to check the weather yet. I'm just worried about Grim's snufflelyness in the heat. :? But he has almost two weeks before we go and lots of new medicine which will hopefully clear him up. I take the nebuliser and stuff with me.

Good idea about upgrading to first class. :thumb:
I'll have to find out how much it will be. If they have air conditioning it will be worth it definitely.

:thumb:! You may find they upgrade you to first class anyway, especially if you sit at the end of the train where first class is. I've heard of other people travelling with pets being bumped up to first class!

No advice to offer but I hope you and the bunnies have a safe and lovely trip. :)
Healing vibes for Grim and Smoo. ((((((((((((((((Vibes)))))))))))))))))

forcast for next 10 days here same as usual rain :lol:, im sure he will be fine he s used to travelling, not sure ify ou remember when my mowgli was poorly and had no choice but to take him and rose on holiday with us to st.bee's, well we where in car for 6hours long journey, they loved it

forcast for next 10 days here same as usual rain :lol:, im sure he will be fine he s used to travelling, not sure ify ou remember when my mowgli was poorly and had no choice but to take him and rose on holiday with us to st.bee's, well we where in car for 6hours long journey, they loved it

Grim seems to love travelling. He does happy flops. :lol: Smoo is not too impressed but after half an hour to an hour she usually settles down and goes to sleep or demands snuggles.

Back