• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Biting Litter Tray?

MissSherwood89

Mama Doe
Over the last week or so, Mylo has started nibbling on her litter tray which, of course, isn't something I want her chewing on with it being plastic. She has plenty of safe chew toys, hay, etc so I have no idea where this behaviour has suddenly come from as she's never done it before. Of course, being a rabbit, she doesn't take a blind bit of notice when me or my boy try to distract her by making noise! :roll:

Any ideas on why she does this, or how we can get her to stop?

Is she spayed? Any change in her world/additions to the household? Does she do it at a particular time?

Tbh if she has decided to chew it then I don't really know what you can do to stop her. You've already provided her with toys etc. If mine do chew anything they shouldn't I generally do tell them off, my bunnies understand what "no" means but they don't always listen.
If it was me I would try removing her from the litter tray whenever she starts to chew it, hopefully she will realise that this isn't what you want her to do.

Hopefully somebody will come along to give you better advice :)

She's booked in to be spayed on Monday, she's been a proper little madam all week so I'm pretty sure she knows what's coming! :lol:
I can't think of any particular changes recently, or anything that triggers her to do it. Half the time she's not even in it, she just sits next to it and nibbles away! :roll:

Last edited:
Back