• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dumped rabbits

The Duchess

Wise Old Thumper
Is it me dear fellow rescues/rescuers, but are the numbers of dumped rabbits higher than last year at this time?

We normally hear of this towards school holidays when people want to go away and can't be bothered to find boarding or someone to care for their rabbits, but I've heard of so many already in the last two weeks. I've heard about two in the last two days in my area - and they are only the ones I've heard about.

Austerity? Laziness?

think the weather doesnt help either - people cant be bothered to get to the unloved bun in hutch at back of the wet garden

I have seen a few running in a local park , we try to catch them but some just don't want to be caught ! or just simply go to ground. Its really not fair to do that to bunnies , i have taken several in over the past few months.

Yesterday my friend brought me a bunny her dog chased from under a bush.
He is friendly but not castrated. No reply to the posters that were put up yet.:(
Is he lost or has he been dumped:?
I suspect I am going to end up with another rabbit:shock:

ive seen at least 5 close to mine but me and the rescue have tried and they just dont want us we keep trying though but not seen them for a couple of days :(

Back