• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

falon's wound is bigger :-(

Mattie_G

Mama Doe
I took Falon to vets about two weeks ago with a small wound on her back. they said was vaccination scab don't worry. now enlarged to size of little fingernail so almost twice size. see photo below. any advice? should i get it checked.

20120629_103539.jpg
[/IMG]

Hi Mattie G, 😉one of my little Rabbitt's has the same sort of wound i only noticed it 3 days ago when my other Rabbitt was nuzzling into her fur and i thought she was nipping her so i looked closer in to her fur and i saw a scab so i took her to the Vet's the day after and he picked the scab of and he thought it might of been an abscess so he tried to syringe out any pus which apparently is meant to be quite thick and cheesy but nothing came out and he felt the scab wasnt deeper than the skin, under the scab was quite smooth it wasn't massively deep. So he came to the conclusion that either she has caught herself on something or has been bitten by the other Rabbit, he did consider an injection scab as they had there jabs early May but they do them near the scruff im keeping an eye on it to see if it get's bigger there is fur missing from around the edges of the scab, he said i could get it removed just to make sure, it's healing nicely it hasn't got reder or harder but let me know how you get on id be very interested. :wave:

I couldn't get her in Friday but the wound is very clean and it looks like a surface scab. Will be off to vets tomorrow evening. Will let you know.

defo

I took Falon to vets about two weeks ago with a small wound on her back. they said was vaccination scab don't worry. now enlarged to size of little fingernail so almost twice size. see photo below. any advice? should i get it checked.

20120629_103539.jpg
[/IMG]

you should get it checked!

prob the vet was right but looks like the bunny was irritated and has scratched it!

it nothing else it will put your mind at ease!

Back