• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

I don't know what to do?!

Embie

New Kit
So, first of all for people who don't know, I did a thread called "please help my snowball" anyway after a few days on the meds (panacur) he started to Improve, he was hopping, eating greens n his treats, could pretty much do all the stuff he did, but last few days he's back to being basically drunk, can't hop won't eat greens an only has a few little treats to eat. His poop has gone small and his bladder still works. As I don't think it was EC now as he has seemed to relapse, I don't know if I should just put him to sleep I case he is suffering. I hate seeing him struggle to move round his home or I was thinking of giving steriod injections ago as my cat had them as she was pretty ill and she did cope for a while on them.

I just don't know what to do. It pains me to even think about putting the main man in my life to sleep but I don't want him suffering, but what if he can be cured.. Urgh :( I'm going to buy a memory foam vet bed for him as the last memory foam seemed to help him. I'm not sure if he's just like this due to his age an stiffness. Sorry if there's are any spelling mistakes, writing from my iPad.

Sorry to hear you are in such a situation. I am in South Wales too. I would say you need to see a very good vet before any decision is made. Buns with EC relapse quickly and more than once so don't rule it out. We travel up to Jason Burgess at Wood Vets in Bristol Road Gloucester as we have found him to be the best vet for buns closest to us. If you can get there and see Jason I would say that he is your best bet anywhere around here in helping you and your bun - we take about 75-90 minutes each way but is has certainly been worth it.

Hope things work out OK

Good luck :wave:

Sorry to hear you are in such a situation. I am in South Wales too. I would say you need to see a very good vet before any decision is made. Buns with EC relapse quickly and more than once so don't rule it out. We travel up to Jason Burgess at Wood Vets in Bristol Road Gloucester as we have found him to be the best vet for buns closest to us. If you can get there and see Jason I would say that he is your best bet anywhere around here in helping you and your bun - we take about 75-90 minutes each way but is has certainly been worth it.

Hope things work out OK

I agree with this. I wouldn't give up hope and have him pts without seeking the opinion of a rabbit-savvy vet.

Hope things work out OK

Hello, Thanks. As I'm not the one who does vet trips due to agoraphobia, I rely on my folks and with there crazy work pattens it's hard for them to travel for so long. Plus they they don't like taking snowball out for to long, as he's 10 n a half he's easily stressed. I was thinking of popping to Maes Glas Vets as they do his teeth for me with no issues.

Sorry about your bun! I used to use Maes Glas when I had buns a few years back. Their savviness was a bit hit and miss, but they did get my Schumi through fly strike aged about 9.

There's a member on here called Grin who has 3 buns and uses them. She's not on often but she does pop in, so it might be worth dropping her a pm to see if there's one vet she finds more savvy.

Sending vibes.

Xxx

Sorry about your bun! I used to use Maes Glas when I had buns a few years back. Their savviness was a bit hit and miss, but they did get my Schumi through fly strike aged about 9.

There's a member on here called Grin who has 3 buns and uses them. She's not on often but she does pop in, so it might be worth dropping her a pm to see if there's one vet she finds more savvy.

Sending vibes.

Xxx

Thank you very much, I'll send a PM tonight.

Back