• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Oh I did something silly....

FudgeTort

Wise Old Thumper
Whenever I feed the buns I always take a little bucket which I fill with hay and their pellet bag out to the shed. Then when im finished I pop the pellet bag inside the bucket and carry it back in
I wasn't feeling well this morning, and fed the buns before I went to work as usual, but I must have not been thinking straight.
I got home this evening and I couldn't find their food or bucket. Yep. I'd left it in the sed after feeding them. Went to see the rabs, and they were not jumping around as normal for their supper, just happy to see me. They had tipped the bucket over, got into the pellet bag and eaten the lot.
Luckily, the bag was running low, so they had only a few days worth of food in there.
They're both fine, I've given them loads of hay and they seem to be eating as normal so I'll just have to keep a close eye on them.
Off to buy pellets in the morning I guess!

Haha, I did that twice with my previous fosters. D'oh!

I bet they thought their birthdays had all come at once!

Bet they loved you today. Did you tell them they are on a diet now ? ;)

:lol: yes well they didn't get their tea! Just loads of hay. Got no pellets to give them now anyway. Not that they wanted more!

Haha, I did that twice with my previous fosters. D'oh!

I bet they thought their birthdays had all come at once!

:lol: yep. Bet it was Molly that knocked the bucket over and Brian followed her bad example.

No adverse effects today and I've bought them some more pellets as well as two bales of hay so that should be it for rabbit food buying for a while!

Back