• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Why would a rabbit only eat Critical Care?

Tinsel

Wise Old Thumper
He's eating certain greens eg dandelions as well but is refusing pellets and carrot. Eats some hay. Teeth have been checked and are fine. Why would he refuse pellets? He's eating Critical Care as if he's ravenous.. :?

I had this same problem with Roxy a couple of weeks ago. I was sure it was a dental problem but she had a lung infection and started eating normally a few days into her antibiotics :D

I had this same problem with Roxy a couple of weeks ago. I was sure it was a dental problem but she had a lung infection and started eating normally a few days into her antibiotics :D

Ah okay thank you. This is Sage, who has the posible abscess/tumour. He's off back to the vet soon but maybe he'll start gaining weight now he's tucking in so enthusiastically, fingers crossed.....

Could it be tooth roots as opposed to dental spurs? Really sorry Sage is poorly, hope you can get to the bottom of it and sending vibes x

I agree. How is he eating hay? Has he had a skull x ray?

Try soaking the pellets in water so they swell up and see if that makes a difference (seem to be suggesting this to everyone today :))

He seems to be eating hay normally and grazing grass. No x ray yet but he's only 14 months and the vet couldn't feel any abnormalities in the roots. It's certainly worth mentioning, though, thank you all! :wave:

ETA Won't touch soaked pellets :?

Last edited:
He seems to be eating hay normally and grazing grass. No x ray yet but he's only 14 months and the vet couldn't feel any abnormalities in the roots. It's certainly worth mentioning, though, thank you all! :wave:

sending vibes let us know how he gets on at vets :wave:

Back