• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help! Toothless

MellyRabiit

Alpha Buck
Hi all we recently acquired tannika who had only one bottom tooth. Today she lost the second bottom tooth. I'm worried about how she will chew now! Can anyone help/confirm if she will be able to eat ok?

One of my rabbits has just had all her incisors out and is eating fine. If Tannika still has upper incisors you will have to keep an eye on them as they will keep on growing. I chop Emma's veg up small but grass , hay and pellets she is fine with.

One of my buns has major jaw issues and basically only has teeth on one side (top & bottom), top incisors and one lower incisor - he is managing to maintain his weight OK with minimal intervention. Dandelions and softer leaves are OK - herbs (mint, coriander, etc) celery leaves, rocket; also broccoli florets & similar. Sometimes he needs food softening (pellets), chopping (cabbage) or grating (carrot, apple), but he prefers to forage.

He struggles with coarse grass, so soft bits only - and he can't eat hay any more, although he does try.

Back