• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dig boxes, without the mess?

curlycritter

Young Bun
Hiya :wave:

Ive been browsing the forum for months now, and I now I am making my 1st post :).. I have a house rabbit (Dolly) a Albino 4yr old lionhead (I fell in love with her volunteering at our RSPCA) shes the perfect house bunny, so clean and friendly (she can have her grumpy days, and loving days) but what I would like to ask is...
Id love to let her have a good dig around, but if i give her a container of compost it will make a huge mess (i have carpet everywhere) and she is albino.. Is there such a thing as a mess-less dig box? lol!

Esther x

Last edited:
Hi :wave:

You could use tea towels and blankets and things in it and see if that works for her :D easy to wash too, just keep an eye on her in case she decides they look tasty!:lol:

Funny enough, you saying blankets..she lives in my bedroom and she loves digging at my pillows (or the corner of the bed) so a box of towels could work :thumb: Thankyou :)

Hiya :wave:

I have a house rabbit, and Id love to let her have a good dig around, but if i give her a container of compost it will make a huge mess (i have carpet everywhere) and she is albino.. Is there such a thing as a mess-less dig box? lol!

Esther x

:wave:Hector is a house bun and I give him the yellow pages and phone book to dig at,he loves that and easy to clear up although I know it's not a dig box. He's very good at making a mess with it and as of yet hasn't eaten it:thumb:

Oooh good idea, (yellow pages) Im always looking out for toys for her :) Thankyou again :)

If you haven't done this already then the cheapest toy (and one that my buns love chucking around!) is a toilet roll tube with hay stuffed inside :D gets them eating more hay too:thumb:

I've just had an idea reading this thread. What about a high sided litter tray/underbed storage box/washing up bowl with some newspaper at the bottom? They can dig and play with the newspaper!

I've got a cardboard box with soil in (for the buns to dig, not me xD) but they have chewed the box and kicked the soil everywhere! I think the next plan is to get a big plastic box with a lid, and cut a hole in the corner of one side, where the direction of kicked soil won't be. ^^

Back