• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dogs and rabbits

yamazumi

Warren Scout
I would like a dog one day, I was never allowed one whilst at home (it would be different if I moved back home now because they know I would be responsible enough, but obviously when I was younger the dog would have been their responsibility really).

I currently have Chaplin, this may change next summer depending on who takes her when we move out of our student house. I would love to take her, especially so I could ensure she would get a friend, however one of my other house mates would also like to take her but I found out yesterday she may not want to take her because she wants a dog! This annoys me since she's always says how much she loves the rabbit but is willing to give her up in order to get a dog, pretty irresponsible if you ask me. But I also don't see why you couldn't keep both.

To me it seems quite simple, she's a house rabbit (although I'd have no qualms about her having a shed and run outside if she had a friend), so if she lived with a dog then she could have free range upstairs and the dog stays downstairs. Anything else would be supervised.

I know lots of people keep both and was looking for some opinions on the situation. It seems silly ruling out having a dog because you have a rabbit, and quite disgusts me that someone would give up on a pet they already have because they want something else.

Back